“The worse food I have ever eaten” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Zorba De Griek

Zorba De Griek
Leidsekruisstraat 16- 18, 1017 RH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
20 6224697
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,694 of 2,610 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“The worse food I have ever eaten”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

The food is frozen and the overall quality is very bad. The stuff is rude and I've never seen the waiters teeth's. Spanakopitas were horrible and sour. One of the worse tourist traps I have ever set my foot on. Avoid this place!

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Zorba is a NO, NO for me!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My friends and I wanted to have a dinner in a restaurant not far from our hotel, because we were tired, we were a party of ten and it was raining.
Zorba seemed to be a good choice.
We ordered as starter: hummus that was extremely garlicky.
Main courses were: grilled salmon with salad and fries, and I asked for rice instead of fries. The waiter/manager/owner was very rude and arrogant and did not let me explain why I wanted rice instead of fries. Finally, when he brought my salmon, it had fries instead of rice. He changed it and gave a new one but to my surprise it had half the salmon my friends had in their plates. I did not complain, because the salmon was good -although I still was hungry after dinner-, but the salad was not good, and it had just two lettuce leaves, and a quarter of sliced tomatoe, and some drops of oil. Some of us ordered fish from the skewer and they liked it
I just wanted to go out of that dirty, smelly place.
I don't recommend this restaurant because apart from the food that wasn't that bad, the service was pathetic and terrible. The guy that manages this restaurant makes customers feel uncomfortable.

Galway, Ireland
“Good but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten much better gyros. The service was friendly and the prices wasn't high. Its in a good location close to Amsterdam main attractions.

Darlington, United Kingdom
“I loved this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Reading the previous reviews of this restaurant I can't really understand. My girlfriend and I found the food to be lovely. Convinced to go in off the street from the owner who was both friendly and quite charismatic. The sea bass was beautifully cooked and service was quick. Only quibble was that I ordered swordfish and it took nearly ten minutes for them to realize they didn't have any. Other than that the food was lovely and would rate it to friends and family. Really can't understand any of the previous reviews

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Poor quality, overpriced tourist trap. Avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went in to this place as it was raining heavily and didn't want to go too far. The waiter/owner seemed friendly enough and we ordered some starters and some lamb souvlaki thinking we'd be in for a real feast. Starters were bland and tasteless, pretty much the same plain boiled rice and mince stuffed into vine leaves and a soggy pepper. As for the main course, we were left waiting for a really long time before being handed a barren looking plate with a little pile of plain boiled rice on one side, a small handful of French fries on the other side, with a skewer of about four small pieces of lamb with a few bits of red pepper in the middle. After the quite disappointing starters this didn't really impress much and really felt like such minimal effort had been put into the food. No salad, no sauce, and barely anything on the plate. Overall the cost for the two of us was just over fifty Euros, much much too much for this very disappointing tourist trap. Don't waste your money!

• Visited July 2013