“Very nice dinner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of De Eettuin

De Eettuin
Tweede Tuindwarsstraat 10, 1015 RZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020 623 77 06
Neighborhood: Jordaan
SF Bay Area
“Very nice dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We happened upon this restaurant while we were staying nearby in Jordaan. We opted to eat indoors because by this point we'd learned that's how you escape all the cigarette smokers. But it would be fun to sit outside at the sidewalk and watch everyone else doing the same. I don't recall what we ate, I had some kind of salad, but we both enjoyed our meals a lot and I grabbed a business card so I could give a positive review. The food was really good. Good service, too.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Belfast, United Kingdom
“The food and service were superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

When the waitress set down my husband's Dutch beer, she said "I hope you enjoy it", and you could tell by her manner and tone she really meant it! Everything from when we were first seated to when we finished our meal was entirely pleasant. The staff were attentive and kind. The food was delicious! I am surprised this place doesn't have more reviews! Go here and enjoy a great dinner.

We saw a large group down the back having a big dinner together, but it was still quiet and comfortable throughout.

Prices were very reasonable. I had the €22 set menu of asparagus soup, pork with tarragon and choux pastry dessert. My husband had the venison.

The food was faultless and delicious. I'd go right back there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orange County, CA
“wonderful meal at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I searched high and low for cuisine that could be considered "Dutch" and this was one of the few restaurants that serves it. The menu is quite creative and since we were there for Easter, what else to have but the rabbit! Onion soup, rabbit with vegetables, and apple pie for desert - a fantastic Dutch meal that didn't break the bank.
I highly recommend dining at De Eettuin.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
scotland
“Character place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Ths was a nice place but a little expensive and portions very small (My meatball dish had 2 meatballs). However, it was very friendly and the prices weren't any different to the surrounding restaurants

Visited April 2012
New York
“this lovely restaurant is a treasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We came upon this restaurant by accident but what a gem it it! De Ettuin was so charming, warm, the food was great, the staff lovely. I loved it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere