“Nice location BUT DIRTY!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Patou
P.C. Hooftstraat 63, 1071 BN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #301 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam
“Nice location BUT DIRTY!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed for 4 days and THEY'VE NEVER CLEENED OUR ROOM! They didn't change the garbage in our room.. once the cleaner asked if we want to change the towels, we replyed "yes" but she didn't come back with new towels!
nice location but dirty!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2009

Beautiful hidden hotel flanked by Chanel and Louis Vuitton on the most fashionable street in Amsterdam.

Lovely, modern, luxurious rooms, the hotel is the best in Amsterdam.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

From the minute we stepped into the reception area we understood that this was not going to be a great success. And right we were! The website (from which we picked this place) is a blatant case of mis-representation. The website does in no way reflect reality. The hotel is dirty, walls were full of black humidity stains, the bathrooms were dirty and very run down, the staff is everything from useless to openly unpleasant. We had one room on the second floor and the kids had a room on the attic. The heating did not work in one of the rooms, and nothing was done to repair it. Another room was available we were told, but no heating in there either. Finally, we had to go down to reception (telephones did not work either) to ask for extra blankets. When in the taxi to go to the restaurant that night, we heard from the taxi driver that the hotel staff had complained to him about us. Upon checking out the next morning, we finally got a sustantive reduction of both rooms. The manager of the hotel was probabaly used to such conversations as none of our comments seemed to interest her or make any kind of impression on her. I strongly recoomend that you stay away from this place! The price of 185 euros for a night is a outright scandalous.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I booked this hotel based on an article in Travel and Leisure on European boutique hotels. The hotel was nothing like the review. The staff - only one at a time - is incompetent. The fancy wireless door lock did not work. There was only one key to the room. We had to leave room unlocked in order for it to be cleaned. The bathroom, espceially the shower, was dirty. Pink mold was growing on the marble floor of the shower. The floor of the shower and entry into shower obviously had not been scoured as the marble was dirty gray where the user would stand and ener. The hardwood floor was dirty and stained. The small room was dark as the walls were painted black. There was not adequate storage to unpack our suitcases. Our room faced the street and was extremely noisy. There is not one redeeming fact about this hotel except its location. The location does not make up for the poor state of this hotel nor how poorly it is run. I am positive there are many other choices in Amsterdam that would make your stay much more pleasant.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Maastricht
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

A friend told me to stay in Patou Amsterdam. Been there with my wife for two nights (a shopping and museum weekend). Lovely room, elegant bathroom, nice staff with adequat information.and on top of it a small brasserie downstairs in which we had a good lunch. A place to return to...ThanX friend!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

Stayed here for the weekend to shop and look for museums. The location was spot on! Around the corner of the Van Gogh, Rijksmuseum and at the center of the famous luxerious fashion shops of Amsterdam, me and especially my wife couldn't ask for more. We had a nice welkom for starters and enjoyed a free drink at the lively brasserie downstairs. The rooms were clean and tidy (maybe they have read some old reviews and acted accordingly) and have a stylish look. Roomrates were dropped significantly so value is a big plus. I have read some bad reviews, but in my opinion there was nothing bad to remark.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

It's almost not even worth taking the time to write a review, since I'm sure this place won't be in business much longer. My stay there was terrible from start to finish. Even though the hotel opened recently, the room was already in a state of bad repair, with scratch marks everywhere--all over the walls, furniture, etc. Balls of hair, lint, and dirt along the wall, with an empty candy bag. Phone unplugged. I asked for a taxi for the next morning, since I had an early plane to catch, and they promised to book one for me. I checked multiple times to confirm, since the staff appeared incompetent, and they assured me each time that a taxi would be waiting for me at 6:45 am. When I checked out, no taxi was waiting, and they had clearly forgotten to call for one. Endless delays waiting for a cab to be called, with me locked outside in pouring rain to wait for the cab. Nothing like barely making it onto on an 8-hour international flight soaked (my luggage was drenched as well), due to the sheer and total incompetency of the hotel staff. This place is a disaster--avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Patou? Share your experiences!