“Good location, clean room, nice design.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Patou

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Patou
You added Hotel Patou to your Saves list
P.C. Hooftstraat 63, 1071 BN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Ranked #302 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Wroclaw, Poland
“Good location, clean room, nice design.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

First of all - hotels in Amsterdam are expensive and finding a room with private bathroom is sometimes impossible without paying a small fortune for a night. This hotel is a good value for money but it could be better.

What I liked:
Our room was small but clean. I liked the design, the bathroom was small but very smart designed so it was comfortable in use. The bed was extremely comfy - big, with soft pillows and warm duvet - something really nice after the whole day of walking. The location is also good - a walking distance to the centre (with canals and other nice Amsterdam-ish things ;)), the neighbourhood is rather posh, with fancy shops and other expensive stuff.

What I didn't like:
The internet connection in our room didn't exist (2nd floor). We could use the wi-fi only at the reception (a small room on the 1st floor, next to the restaurant kitchen). One thing that was really annoying - the receptionist worked also in the restaurant downstairs so he sometimes wasn't available at the desk and people had to wait for him to come and check them in or out... This was kinda odd. The entrance to the hotel is next to the restaurant doors, you have to ring to get there and we waited like 10 mins on the street until some man came down and said we needed to go through the restaurant. The only way led up the really narrow staircase and it was hard to get up to the first floor with heavy and big luggage... No kettle/tea set in our room, no breakfast.

And last but not least - I saw a mouse at the reception. I was sitting there and surfing the internet when I saw it came from the closet next to the desk. And that was really NOT nice, that mouse.

If there was a kettle and there wasn't a mouse, I would give 4 points in overall rating instead of 3.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
FVG
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

ok..it's probably my fault..when I see "boutique hotel" I always dream of a tiny clean and warm place, maybe hidden but cosy and nice
Patou it's on a great location if you are a museum freak (I'm am!!) and also on a shopping street, but since the beginning it has been disappointing
I received an email after my booking where they ask me to communicate them my arrival time..??? I've tried several times to call them without no one picking up the phone..I was a little bit worried also Maybe I booked a ghost hotel.. After several attempt some one finally answered and they told me that the hotl reception was closed after 7pm..
on my arrival I had the familiar sensation of claustrophobia that I always have on tiny Amsterdam hotels..the door was greasy and pitiful andso the compressed aisle .
The room could have been worst but again thesloppy cleaning and the rippen towel leave a faulty feeling to this experience

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I arrived and had to knock on the door of the cafe downstairs and attract the attention of the person sweeping up. Internet was not working. No TV in the room. Room dusty. Woken frequently throughout the night as windows were no insulation from the sound of passing revellers, cars and bikes etc. Cafe opens at 8.30am - too late for us to have breakfast and get to our appointments. Cursory making up of room. No proper reception. Ambivalent about lack of TV. Overall fairly rubbish.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

After booking in with a friendly and enthusiastic receptionist we were shown to a loft room in a minimalistic style. The bathroom and bedroom were tastefully decorated and cleaned to high standards. The only suggestion I may have would be to have tea/coffee making facilities within the room - however there is a boutique restaurant below the hotel.
The hotel is situated on a quiet shopping street with upmarket designer stores and located approximately 25 mins leisurely walk from Amsterdam Central train station.We found this to be a perfect location for ourrequirements.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone staying in Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Hamburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

... the rooms must have been very nice. They still are acceptable but could be in better condition. That is a pity because the little hotel is located very well. The service was very friendly. It is a pleasant possibility to stay a night or two but without the comfort of a big hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Hotel Patou? Share your experiences!