Some friends of ours recommended this hotel after their own successful trip earlier this year. Having read the reviews, we were somewhat cautious of making the booking but took our friends' advice and booked.
Unfortunately, the reviews below really do reflect the reality of the hotel. To summarise:
1. Location - next to Louis Vitton and opposit Chanel but no shops to buy a bottle of water (even the restaurant that is part of the hotel would not sell a bottle of water to us as they had just turned the 'closed' sign).
2. Reception - there is now a room functioning as the reception area but it is next to the kitchen - I've never experienced such an over-powering smell of chip fat which also filled the corridors. However, we were grateful of being able to check-in at 10.30am rather than 3pm - not a sign of a busy hotel!
3. The room - a "deluxe" room booked - good attempt at modern style but in desperate need of refreshing. The black furniture was extremely dusty, the curtains were cardboard panels that have curled and were stained and the TV had clearly been cleaned very carelessly leaving large smears. Our wardrobe had electrics in the top corner which were extremely noisy. However, the bedding was very clean and smelled freshly washed.
4. Bathroom - very clean and smart. No complaints here.
5. Noise - although the hotel is on a quiet street in terms of night life, there appeared to be traffic all night long. Very noisy.
Overall, I would not return. Other friends have recommended Park Hotel which is nearby and apparantly worth the extra few £££.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Budget Places so you can book your Hotel Patou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patou Hotel Amsterdam