“Delightful meal, wonderful service, memorable in every way.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Incanto

Incanto
amstel 2, 1017 aa Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))
020.42.33.681
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #211 of 3,029 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Seattle, Washington
“Delightful meal, wonderful service, memorable in every way.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

First, we were recommended this restaurant by Hotel L' Europe, which might help in the seating. We had the corner seat on the second floor looking out over the watch tower and canal. Our server was very Italian, which means they expect you to linger over your meal and enjoy the company. They come when they are called which we had to get used to in Florence versus our over attentive waiters in the US. Wine list was excellent and truffle risotto perfectly prepared. We left after a nearly two hour meal feeling quite refreshed and well taken care of. Amazingly the kitchen is on the third floor, everything is run up and down the stairs, but you would never know the difficulty in logistics of the 17th century building. The restaurant was full on a Thursday night in November. This is a destination restaurant and set the tone for the rest of our 8 day stay in Amsterdam.

• Visited November 2013

Bergamo, Italy
“A piece of Italy in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very good experience in this Italian restaurant! Very good food, very good wines and both of them with reasonable prices. We decided for menu tasting and we have been totally satisfied by quantity, quality and variety. Coming from Italy I wasn't too enthusiast to go to an Italian restaurant beacuse abroad generally they are quite bad, but Incanto was a really good surprise! I suggest to try

• 3 of 5 stars
Leuven, Belgium
“Excellent food and service! Expensive drinks and some detail remarks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We were here with a group of 15. The food was excellent (we took the chef's 4-course menu). A beautifully presented amuse, bruschetta, shrimp risotto, venison and an excellend panna cotta to finish. I found the presentation of some of the dishes a bit rushed, and the portions weren't evenly distributed among all guests at our table.

The price for the food is honest and worth the high level of detail (despite my comments). The service was professional, but they did take advantage of the large group by continuously opening new bottles of wine - which ended us with a beverage bill higher than the food bill, for wines that were good but not world class, so I did find that a bit exaggerated.

I would come back here though, in a smaller group, to try out more of what this restaurant has to offer. The main course really made me so happy that I am willing to overlook the flaws.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
NL
“I REALLY like Incanto!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Who'd guess that a small restaurant on the second floor of an old building in a super-touristy location of Amsterdam would be so delicious? I recently went to Incanto for dinner with two friends. We had to be out within two hours in order to get to a performance; the team did an excellent job getting us fed and out the door on time. It was a wonderful evening. The food was deliciously-prepared - fresh and creative. One of my dining companions said that the risotto was the best he'd ever had. I'd highly recommend!

Burlington, Canada
“INCANTO... Just go there it will be one of the best meals ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

After booking this restaurant for clients in the last 2 years, I got to experience this one for myself. This cute 2 level restaurant near Rembrandt Plein is just fabulous. We did the chef's menu €45 a person (around 6 of us) which included bread, shrimp appetizer, mushroom risotto, and choice of either swordfish or roast beef, followed by tiramisu. Everything was served like art work in very small gourmet versions. The food was delicious and what really impressed me was the service. Ordered 3 bottles of wine and our waiter changed our glasses every time and of course served ladies first. Most of you who’s been to Amsterdam know that service isn’t always up to par with other parts of the world. But Incanto their staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. You must go to this restaurant for the best Italian food in Amsterdam, you’ll just love it!