“Authentic, welcoming, delicious!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of I Kriti

I Kriti
Balthasar Floriszstraat 3, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)
Improve this listing
Ranked #730 of 2,244 restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
Neighborhood: Stadsdeel Zuid
“Authentic, welcoming, delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

The place is a small Greek island in the midst of Amsterdam. Not easy to find, but your efforts will be reworded by warmest welcoming, that makes you feel as if you are at home, sweet home. Staff is very attentive and cheerful.
Go for lamb stew - it is exceptional!
I recommend this place if you are looking for something cozy and real, authentic.

• Visited July 2013

83% Recommend
“Intimate and genuine Greek taverna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Dining on my own I was happy to find this little corner of Greece with warm welcome and true home cooked food. All rounded off by impromptu singing and complimentary Metaxa. Recommended.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very good Greek experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is a real Greek Taverna, from the colors to the furniture everything smells Greece.

And the food is superb. The owners are probably from Crete as you can choose typical food from this charming isle, we had some fried squid rings and some typical meatballs in tomatoes sauce as starter, the rings were delicious and I'll come back just to have more, the meatballs had some strong herbs on them, particular but still really good.

As main dishes we had a Moussaka which was huge portion and had a perfectly melted eggplants on it, and a pork stew (can't remember the name) cooked in several different alcoholic beverage (white wine, brandy, martini) and some delicious fennel. Heavy but delicious.

The main dishes are served with a greek salad, feta cheese and fries (with thyme!!!). To drink we had water and half liter wine of the house which was exactly what i was expecting, reasonable wine perfect to wash down the food.

We didn't have dessert because we were full. As a negative note we found a soft plastic piece in the moussaka, not very nice but easily removable, still a bit more attention for this kind of stuff would be nice.Service was good but i will give only 2 points because of this.

The other guests were mostly regulars and i can imagine why, prices are reasonable and the food is good, atmosphere is that of a typical Taverna, nothing fancy, just rustic/family environment, i'll come back for sure.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best greek restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Also I was yesterday in this small and very nice restaurant. I enter the entrance and I feel my like in Greece by a frind at home. Patricia andYanni the owner making our dinner perfect. Service and food was amazing. Thank u very much for this dinner. For sure we came back.

Paris, France
“poly kalo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

excellent kitchen and real greek food ... for the vegeterians i suggest to order lamb ... (like the greek movie )

• Visited February 2013