“very tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“very tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have visited this place after reading about it and weren't disappointed.
Menu could be seen a bit limited if you are veggie but very delicious, I had Suddervlees and i can definitely recommend it. I can still feel taste in my mouth when I'm typing this..
My husband had hotpotch and was very pleased too.

You may need to book in advance although we just turned up earlier on a sunday evening and got a table. It was after that pretty much full though.

Service is a bit slow and unfriendly but that could be their English wasn't great.
Overall, I 'd like to go back to that place sometime soon..

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Just like Mamma's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We loved this quirky restaurant decorated ceiling to floor with framed photos of mothers. The food was delicious, service impeccable and a great value. We highly recommend for an authentic meal in Amsterdam.

Visited August 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
“Authentic dutch cuisine...with an interesting vibe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

If you are visiting Amsterdam for the first time you can't miss Moeders (Mothers) for its' authentic dutch cuisine and atmosphere. When this place first opened patrons were asked to bring their own utensils, plates, and drinking glasses....and a picture of their mother. All is on display today. There are no two place settings the same and the walls are crammed with pictures of everyone's mom! There's seating for about 50 so in high season it is recommended that you have a rezzy...and if it's hot...wear light clothing as it's not A/C'd. Food is plentiful, tasty, and of good value. We'd go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Naples, Florida
“A visit to a real Dutch home kitchen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our last night in Amsterrdam, we visited Moeders as it was recommend in Fodors and were not disappointed. Even though we did not have a reservation, the waitress made a place for us inside the cozy, homey restaurant on the busy Rozengracht street. All the menu items are prepared as if you were in your Dutch Mothers kitchen, I had the barbecue ribs which were to die for, my husband had the green pea soup which I tried then I had to order one for me it was so delicious....do not miss it! My husband also had the potato, sausage and sour krout smash which he said was excellent. The beer was cold and the service was perfect. A must if you spend anytime in Amsterdam!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Dinner for two”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at this restaurant and we liked it. The food was good, friendly staff and very unique the decoration, the walls are fill with mums fotographs. Althougth, we recomend reservation, we did not have one so we had dinner outside.