“Delicious meal in an appealing location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Toscanini

Toscanini
Lindengracht 75, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020-623-2813
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #675 of 2,322 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Jordaan
“Delicious meal in an appealing location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Although I was a bit concerned about visiting this restaurant - as there is such a big buzz about it - it was a really nice experience. Very good food, great service and the atmosphere quite interesting.

I hope I manage to make another visit soon and, would clearly recommend it. Booking in advance might be a good idea.

• Visited February 2013

Lyme, New Hampshire
“And send me back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Always a puzzle as to why a restaurant gets some bad comments amongst very favorable ones. Unrealistic expectations on the part of the diner? Bad hair day on the part of the waitress or waiter? Back in the days of the truly professional waiter, expressions of personal discontent would never be witnessed by a diner. Material for someone's doctoral thesis lurking there.
Whatever the case may be, for us this place was a gem and a relief from the overly rich, hyper-sauced diet we'd endured in Belgium the previous week. One might term the cuisine North Sea Italian: I had salt cod on polenta for a starter followed by orecchiette with octopus and broccoli raab cooked in oil, garlic, and anchovies. Somewhat daring mixtures, but the clear, clean taste of the main ingredient came straight through. Our waitress was outgoing, attentive, full of advice, and brought several samples when we couldn't decide on a wine. Wrap me up and mail me back!

• Visited November 2013
Paris, France
“Great tasting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Awesome 5 dishes tasting, pricey but worth it. Good quality, great service and relaxed atmosphere. I'd recommend this place for anyone on business.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Massachusetts
“A Great Italian Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Toscanini is busy, but by accepting an early dinner time, my wife and I got in, and enjoyed a great table in the center, facing the kitchen. My favorite moment was when one of the chefs walked out with my dish to ensure I'd get it as quickly as possible. Being vegetarians, we both had pasta, (tagliatelle porcini and spaghetti rustic) and it was delicious, washed done with a very affordable (28 euros) bottle of Aglianico. Yum!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very good service & food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went there in October with 5 friends, and had a fantastic evening. Booking is essential, however we were told if you are willing to eat quite early or rather later, you have a better chance of getting a table. We had a fantastic waitress that explained the menu and specials very professionally. Prices of the wine as well as the food were reasonable. I will definitely go back again! Small negative is that it was extremely noisy where we were sitting due to the open plan design.