“Was better last year” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Brasilia, DF
“Was better last year”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My second visit to this restaurant. In 2012 it was ok. Not fancy, but decent food.
This time it was darker and sort of smelly. Food was ok, but the ambience was really not so nice.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Bangkok, Thailand
“5 star food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely outstanding.
Food fresh, autenthic and delicious, service polite and fast and prices relative cheap (23 X person with drinks)

will be back for sure

Heiloo, Netherlands
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was here with a friend last weekend. I love Vietnamese food but this was very disappointing. Very touristy, busy, personnel are too busy to be really friendly although I am sure they are. The starter, rolls and fish cakes were good but for a main we ordered a noodles dish and got rice. The waitress was very quick to tell us that we wrong about the order, not they.
Since we were in bit of a rush we just ate it but I am sure they got the order wrong. The rice was cold and dried out on the edges, there were some things thrown around it, dried fish, a fried egg, it was all very tasteless we both thought. I have been to Vietnam several times and this had nothing to do with the great Vietnamese food I know. I will not come again, Amsterdam is full of great eateries.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vinnitsa
“Cozy and Asian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Wandering through Zeedijk street, we decided to try this one - it looks pleasant from outside, half a floor over the street. Inside, inviting Asian flavors persuaded us to stay. Besides, there were few visitors, mostly Vietnamese, which is a good sign, obviously. The menu is really extensive, one with dish photos, raging from pork to fish, oysters and frogs.
We ordered 2 person set (45 EUR for 2), consisting of starter, salad, soup and main dish. Spring rolls were delicious, even better than I tried in the country of origin. Soup and salad were nicely flavored and spiced, including Vietnamese "coriander" (Persicaria odorata), which gives to all the things unmistakably Vietnamese taste. Then, there were fried fish (I guess sardine) with chilly and lemongrass, and spice pork stew. The latter I liked the most, the sauce black pepper-based, a bit sweet and spicy, was really great. Though, I asked the dishes to be more spicy, so don't know about standard versions. Plus, several drops of spicy fish sauce with chili make you feel in Saigon. Also you can try Vietnamese beer, less bitter and more sweet, than European.
The staff don't speak too much English - no surprise for those, who have been to Vietnam, but I don't see any problem here.
It's definitely recommended for Asia fans.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We went in later that normal and ordered the 3 course set menu washed down with a few Tsingtao's.
All the food was great, especially the lemongrass chili chicken pictured. I will definitely return to that restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere