“Nothing to do with Jamie Oliver anymore” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,542 of 2,435 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business
Stocholm
“Nothing to do with Jamie Oliver anymore”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We heard this from our hotel, they told us thta is great for bigger parties or conference dinners but maybe not for a romantic dinner for two so we canx..

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“Nice not fabulous!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We took a cab to Jamie Oliver's Fifteen as it is out of the way of central Amsterdam, this was about £20. The restuarant itself is really nice, warehouse style. We were seated and the concept of the restuarant was explained to us which I thought was a nice touch! We all ordered steak as a main course but there was some confusion over how some of the steaks were to be cooked. Those that ordered raw ended up with medium etc but this was sorted out in the end. We enjoyed our meal and sat in the bar area afterwards to enjoy a few cocktails. Overall a nice meal but not amazing, I was expecting more for the price we paid. If you are in the area give it a go but I wouldn't make a special effort to dine here!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chester, United Kingdom
“Below average steak and left dissapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Went here in April 2013 with my parter. We'd been in town for 4 nights and decided to make the extra effort to get to this restaurant having seen about similar one's in the UK.

The location is about 25 mins walk from Amsterdam central station straight down the waterfront. There are apartments and one or two other restaurants near but otherwise you wonder if you're in the right area. The restaurant itself is quite well decorated.

We started with mixed breads with dipping oil, but no butter or balsamic which was a disappointment.

I ordered the most expensive main course (26 euro ribeye) and when it came it was a smallish cut of meat full of fat and gristle. I don't mind a bit of gristle but this was just too much. I pointed this out to the waiter, who decided to try and educate me on how ribeye was very fatty. I'm sorry - even in my home supermarket it's not this bad.

My parter had the ravioli, and whilst she had no complaints, found it to be very average in the flavour department.

We ate our meals, paid up and left. When the guy on the door asked if we had and great night and we said no he looked shocked. Then the family in front said their steak was poor food was cold. He just said, I'm sorry, and have a good evening.

So, I can't say to come here based on my experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stuttgart
“Not worth the trip”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We paid 14 euro to take the tram away from the city center to try Jaime Oliver's Fifteen. We liked to concept of helping young people succeed and rehabilitate, but the service and attitude was terrible which makes me wonder what values they are really teaching. The food was ok, but not great. We waited 20 minutes for drinks and then another 60 for our meals. We finally had to get up and track down a staff member to ask for our bill when no one came back to ask after another 40 minutes if we needed more drinks or dessert and coffee. This restaurant is not worth the trek out of downtown.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Ohio
“Unique warehouse environment, so so food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here. The location is a bit off the beaten track and a 20 minute walk from Central Station along the water, office buildings and warehouses. The warehouse environment is interesting but the food needs to be improved upon. I ordered the gnocchi with pulled rib meat and mushrooms. There was hardly no meat nor mushrooms and to much gnocchi. The gnocchi however was very tender. My wife had baked Skrei with crumb topping but the topping was on the skin and therefore not edible. It was served with "sticky" root vegetables, they should have been called under cooked vegetables. She also ordered a side of Funky potatoes which were advertised with chili, garlic and parsley of which came with none of the above. We sent them back and when they came back they had piled on the garlic and it was over powering. The potatoes came with a dip. We were charged extra for tap water and the dip even though we did not ask nor approve those items to be added.