“Best lobster in Amsterdam” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant RED Amsterdam

Restaurant RED Amsterdam
Keizersgracht 594, 1017 EN Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)
020 - 320 18 24
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Rembrandtplein
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Best lobster in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Delicious lobster and steak, excellent service and a gorgeous setting. One of the best meals I've had in Amsterdam. RED is on our regular visits list and is always consistent. and it is definitely one I recommend to friends/family/colleagues.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

89% Recommend
Essex
“Amazing steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely restaurant for a romantic meal. It is quite small, this makes it feel so cozy. The staff are friendly and helpful.

They only serve steak & lobster so if you're after anything else go somewhere else. You can have the lobster cold with mayo or warm with melted butter & herbs ( this is how we had it) it was beautiful. We then had our steak which is served with a hollandaise sauce. I have never had such a perfectly cooked steak! It was like eating a piece of heaven.

We then had the cheese board for dessert which was perfectly sized just the right amount of cheese.

Would recommend to anyone that loves a good steak, in a homely atmosphere.

Well done!

Visited March 2014
Esher, England
“Steak and lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

These are the only two items on the menu, both simply but perfectly cooked and served. Having booked ahead we were lucky enough to get a window seat looking out over the Kaisersgracht.

Visited March 2014
“A great restaurant with a lovely ambience, great service and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We visited Amsterdam for a couple of days and wanted to eat somewhere special for my birthday. What a great choice we made. A candle lit dinner with a lovely atmosphere. A choice of just 2 dishes. Lobster, fillet steak or a bit of both. Served with the perfect chips and a lovely salad. We had bread and oils to start. The fillet steak was definately the best I have tasted. It is my favourite dish and this certainly didn't disappoint. The lobster was very tasty and as it's just the 2 dishes on offer, it's no wonder they are both cooked to perfection. Just enough room for dessert which was a selection of tasty little puddings presented beautifully. A couple of wines and beers and including the tip we spent no more than e80. We will be returning to RED on our next visit to this beautiful city.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great anniversary dinner! Best steak ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I recently visited Restaurant Red with my boyfriend for our anniversary and we was not disappointed!

The restaurant has an intimate atmosphere with very helpful waiters/waitress'

We ordered the lobster for starters which was presented well and tasted equally as good! :)

For our main course we ordered the steak which I must say was the best steak I have ever had!
I asked for medium rare and it was perfect! The steak was served with hollandaise sauce which was very nice together.

Our meal was also served with chips and salad which was just as good as the rest of the food!

For dessert we had 'Chefs surprise' which was a trio of desserts! Presented well and a nice end to the meal.

I would visit this restaurant again if I'm in Amsterdam!

Lovely restaurant!