“Nice Mexican” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Burrito
De Clercqstraat 14, 1052 ND Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020-6189807
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Whitburn, United Kingdom
“Nice Mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were staying in the Alp Hotel and on the Saturday night we went to Café Burrito. The atmosphere was nice and the staff were very warm and friendly. The food is nice and somewhere I would go again

Visited September 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“FAB FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

had a great meal in this small quaint restaurant. food was very good and tasty. the waiter was so pleasant and helpful to explain anything on the menu. would return back again

Visited September 2013
American living in Amsterdam
“Good margaritas, decent prices and NO TOURISTS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

When you first see Burrito from the street, there is nothing to be excited about. It's rather small and in a quiet neighborhood. However, once inside you feel at home with the cozy tables and standard "Mexican" style decor. If you're looking for the crazy, lively, tourist filled bar - this is not it.

This is a family run business, so the waitstaff (typically the owner's sons) are very attentive and will bring you anything you need. They charge extra for chips, salsa or water (which is a big deal in The Netherlands!).

Overall, the food is good. Not the best I've had (and I'm from San Antonio, TX) but still very good for Northern Europe. Definitely have a few margaritas. . . they have a bit of a kick and are made fresh in the blender.

You MUST try the guacamole appetizer dip! It's only 4 Euro and they give you enough for 4 people.

Overall, I was pretty impressed - and NO TOURISTS!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
amsterdam
“worst mexican food I have ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Wow - can't believe the first review was so positive.
I just got back from diner there and I actually feel poisoned.

This place makes taco bell seem gourmet.

They served me a heap of steaming quesadilla with warm soggy lettuce inside and a big mess of cheesy nastiness.

If you want good mexican in amsterdam - the only place worth mentioning is the new Tomatillo take out on Overtoom. Incredibly good - wish I could drag the chef at Burrito down there to learn how to cook.

Do not go to this place even if it is the only restaurant serving food after 10.30pm.

Amsterdam
“The Burrito Mexican restaurant is the best in Amsterdam!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

I have waited too long to write this review. I just didn't want our little secret to get out, but I couldn't wait any longer. People shouldn't miss this tasty treat when visiting Amsterdam.

The real name of the restaurant is Burrito Mexicaan Restaurant. We've lived in Amsterdam for almost 2 years, and I've tried many a Mexican restaurant in town. We tried Los Pilones a couple of times because of the reviews it had gotten, but it just never measured up (overrated in our opinion). We tried others, but we always ended back at the Burrito restaurant. We no longer go elsewhere. At the Burrito restaurant (just a 10-15 minute walk south of Anne Frank's House on De Clercqstraat), the owner, Ali, is almost always there cheerily serving the best Mexican in town.

Ali is actually Egyptian, but his Mexican dishes are very tasty. Whenever I need my "Mexican fix" in Amsterdam, this is where we go. His portions are a nice size and remind me a bit of the Mexican food that we miss from home. And as an added bonus, his service is always great. If you're looking for Mexican in Amsterdam, this is the place for you.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere