“Great local place with Italian food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bella Vista

Bella Vista
Johannes Verhulststraat 156, 1071 NP Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)
020-6713888
Improve this listing
Ranked #901 of 2,463 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Museumplein
Amsterdam
“Great local place with Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Recommended by Hilton concierge, Bella Vista was a short walk from our hotel. A nice local setting with a refined interior. About 20 local folks were in the outside patio but we sat inside. The service was good and the food was great. We shared eggplant parm and a caprese pizza, a bottle of wine and great tiramisu. Excellent food for the price, with a festive atmosphere when Holland beat Mexico in the soccer match.
We'll go back the next time we're in Amsterdam.

Visited June 2014

Goshen, New York
“Second time not nearly as good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I visited this restaurant over a year ago and gave them a 5 rating. Maybe, the chef was too preoccupied with the Italians playing in the World Cup, that he wasn't concerned with the food that he was sending out to his patrons. Both meat dishes were swimming in sauce. My wife's was in a red wine sauce that was gelatinous and my steak and pepper sauce was like eating a steak in pepper cream soup. Sauce is one thing, but to have a dish swimming in it is uncalled for. Service is good and attentive. For the prices they charge, you would expect more. If you want a really great Italian meal, try Restaurant Classico nearby.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Totnes, United Kingdom
“Bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We were recommended by the Hilton Amsterdam and a couple of locals. We ordered the grilled steak and spaghetti Marinara. I must say it was very bland, no salt or pepper was offered, and the overall experience was poor.

Visited June 2014
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“Excellent Itialian Restaurant with Homemade Feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I can highly recommend the Bella Vista in Amsterdam. It is a good walk from the RAI Convention Center and close to the Hilton. I had the Caprese Salad and The Spaghetti Vongole both very good. The owner is obviously Italian and I think it is a family business. You can tell there was a lot of attention to detail and they care about the food. Nice wine and lovely decor added to a lovely leisurely lunch.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“In the words of Arnie, I'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Back in the eighties, when Tom Cruise looked older than he does now, there was a huge hit called take my breath away. Well Bella Vista has certainly done that for me, it's exceptional! Located in a lovely neighborhood in the old south part of Amsterdam, tucked away in a neighborhood where apartments sell for a million euros or more, it's pretty easy to get to with public transport or bike.

The interior design of this place, delivers a well lit, spacious place, ideal for intimate dinners, but also for family or business meals. The service is always friendly and efficient and then there is the menu.

Take your time as there's quite a selection on offer and I can say that based on what I've tried, it's all good. I was there for a business dinner and all three of us couldn't stop raving about how good the food was. Spaghetti with Clams, Ravioli filled with mushrooms and parmesan with a truffle sauce. Actually everything we tried was heavenly.

What you have at Bella Vista is classic Italian food, made perfectly. It's absolutely great value for money and they have a good wine list as well.

It's now my favorite Italian place in Amsterdam.

Do make sure that you call them to book a table as it's always busy

• Visited May 2014