“Friendly service and good food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Van Beeren

Van Beeren
Koningsstraat 54, 1011 EW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)
+31 20 622 2329
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Binnenstad
NSW
“Friendly service and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

A cold Winter night made the warm friendly atmosphere even more welcoming.Cosy buzzing and full even on a Monday night. We got a table straight away and enjoyed two items from the day's specials, steak and a salmon. The chips which came with the steak were out if this world crispy and delicious.
We were the only tourists. A mixed age group with couples and larger groups.
Sadly we were too full to try deserts which looked delicious.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Austin, TX
“Of the Bears!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a such a great time at Van Beeren in Amsterdam. It is the best little restaurant right off Neumarkt Square. It is dark, candlelit, cozy, intimate, wood adorned and not overly expensive at all. I highly, highly recommend checking it out. There is a patio outback, but it was closed in mid September. Staff is friendly and courteous and the food was delicious. I'm having a difficult time remembering what my wife and I each had. I know I had a steak, but the cut is alluding me. Regardless, we know this was one of our favorite meals (and restaurants) of a 5 country, 2 week trip around Europe. Our hostess recommended it, and it will not disappoint. I will visit every time I travel back to Amsterdam. Bartender helped point us to some very cool bars and sights for the next couple days. They spoke great English and even gave me a shot (and joined in themselves) of some sort of wheat liquor I can't pronounce nor remember. Netherlands grappa I kept calling it. This place was awesome!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and service in a local resturant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Visited here for a birthday dinner. Food was lovely, my partner had the steak from their daily specials and I had the salmon, both really well cooked. Service was very friendly and attentive and food came at just the right speed. Resturant had a really local feel, didn't hear any other English speakers in there. Only downside was that they couldn't take foreign bank cards so had to run out at the end for cash, other than that would definitely recommend a visit if you are in the area.

USA
“Great hidden place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We went here for dinner and drinks. It's a quaint place. The food was delicious. I had the rib eye and it was seasoned well. The fries and mashed potatoes were good. The local cheese salad was amazing and they gave so much fresh cheese!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Probably Amsterdam's best kept secret with outstanding service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Tucked away just outside Amsterdam's famous RLD, Van Beeren is probably the city's best kept secret when it comes to dining. With a small but lovely garden in the summer, lush dishes year round and a laidback atmosphere this small restaurant is all you've been looking for! And the best is yet to come: the staff is simply outstanding!
Skilled, thoughtful and up for a chat if you like. Especially Roos who makes it a joy everytime we come back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere