“Great Thai food in Amsterdam” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bangkok

Bangkok
Reguliersdwarsstraat 115-117, 1017 BL Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)
020-6273030
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #705 of 2,287 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Rembrandtplein
Antwerp, Belgium
“Great Thai food in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had a dinner here with four friends, and the food was amazing! We ordered different dishes and they were all really nice. They were quite spicy, even though we asked them non-spicy, so be careful if you ask them really spicy... :-)
We really enjoyed ourselves here, and the prices are not that high, so a great place for an evening out in Amsterdam!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
London, England
“Very average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

After reading the reviews, we were disappointed with this place.

The decor is pleasant and the tableware quite nice. It is not noisy.

There was nothing exceptional about the food. The Thai salad that we had was not as good as I have had from a small restaurant in rural Suffolk.

The service was polite and pleasant enough but we were refused when we asked for a jug of tap water. This despite the fact that we had ordered a full meal and large beers to accompany it.

I wouldn't go back.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milan, Italy
“Nice ambience, perfect thai food in the heart of Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I used to go often to this Thai restaurant in Amsterdam and i love its food, hospitality and ambience. One of the last times during and exhibition I brought there customers from Thailand and they enjoyed and felt home. So I had a the confirmation I was not wrong! A place to be!

“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I just love this place ...great food , specially " Chicken with Cashew " and " Sticky Fish no.70 " with Fried Rice , can't get enough it...great value for money ...I would highly recommend this place for business or personal visit ...

Fredericton, Canada
“May be I picked up the wrong dishes…but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Oh, fresh review here.
I was looking for the other Thai restaurant in that street ad was disappointingly closed. So, rather than going back to an Indian restaurant as I really wanted, I compromised with my company and stopped at this one.
Service is fine; kind and competent.
Food is just so plain that I cannot even describe. I did not order soups or curry, and this is my mistake. Just got some noodles. OMG, bad bad bad. The veg ones were just terrible…a block of glued, OGM tasting things…a blob.
Pricy for what I ate…really not something I would replicate.
But again, a curry or a soup would have been a better and more informative testing. So, may be I was just unlucky.

• Visited December 2013