“mmm, fries.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Paris, France
“mmm, fries.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

It was a rainy night, we didn't feel like going far. So, we looked in the handy map view, and found De Zotte. It was highly recommended, and seemed to be open. That was good enough for us.

And we were not disappointed. Maybe 5 stars is a little generous, but certainly we had no complaints. The fries are, as promised, really exceptional (and we were just in Belgium so we have a reasonable point of comparison). I had the filet of lamb and my wife had the quiche, both of which were very good. For Amsterdam, I would say the value for money is quite reasonable.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing beer, amazing steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We came here on recommendation and we weren't let down. We arrived to an empty bar as it was still quite early but spoke to the barmaid who made us feel welcome and advised us what beer we might like (from an extensive menu!). Also ordered the steak which was one of the best I have ever eaten (order it blau). We left and returned later in the evening to a packed bar with a great atmosphere. Everyone was so friendly and despite it being busy the staff still made time to come to our table and recommend our next beer whilst listening to some of my favourite music.

Overall a fantastic experience, we left with massive smiles on our faces! We will be back.

• Visited June 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“My favorite place in AMS -- fantastic food, value, & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I wish I could give de Zotte 6 stars. The food is fantastic. Besides being a great meal, the value of the meals are absolutely the best I have found after coming to Amsterdam nearly 10 times now.

The service is also the best I've had in Holland. Our bartender/waitress, Nikka, was efficient, friendly, helpful . . . and provided such great service that all of my fellow American friends wanted to take her back home with us to the USA. Thank you again, Nikka!!!!!!!!

I almost hate to write this review because many people might find this hidden treasure.

• Visited July 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Great lamb stew and fantastic beer selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

More than 300 Belgium beers to choose from, plus great food and fantastic pomme frites! What else do u need? This is a small unassuming place with great service. If u r looking for great beer, then this is the place!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The best beer and food in the world, this gorgeous Belgium brown bar is a treasure from Amsterdam. Fab music too.

• Visited May 2014