“Brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Indiaas Restaurant VIjaya

Indiaas Restaurant VIjaya
Geldersekade 23, 1011EJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Centrum)
020 4205225
Neighborhood: Centrum
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We walked past this restaurant on the way to the ladies in the pretty lights. We spent an hour trying to find it again and was well worth the effort! Complimentary poppadoms, delicious curry including the rice, good service and the offer of a doggy bag. Best tasting curry we've had in a long, long time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ottawa, Canada
“Great overall experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We found this place while lost on a beautiful July afternoon in Amsterdam. It was an awesome experience: from the petals on the floor to the way the sweet girl handed me the menu. The Food was delicious and the place is so cute, clean and cozy! You can feel the people care about their customers, it makes everything so much better!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ottawa
“Excellent food + great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I found this place in a late evening as we were walking in Amsterdam back towards our hotel. It is located very close to the train station (maybe 10 min walk). This is one of the best indian and indonezian food restaurants I had (to mention I am Caucasian not Asian, traveling from Nord America and I eat Asian food frequently). I recommend the Twee Gangen choices where I liked having have small portion of different dishes. I also want to make a note for staff who was very professional, very helpful: a great overall service for a reasonable price. After we went back to the hotel I checked for others’ opinion on it and I found, to no surprise at all, that is one of the best recommendations on Indian food in Amsterdam: allow me to support that.

• Visited May 2013
Yorkshire
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Myself and my husband visited this restaurant and to be honest It was a bit of a mixed bag of ok, good and bad. Pickle tray was basic although complimentary so let it slide. My husbad had a chicken curry and he said it was very good so thumbs up for that, I had a cheese curry which I always have in the uk and this was not good just a mush in sauce. The rice (they only do one rice which is included in the price of the curry) this was good but as I usually have egg pilau would have liked a choice as normally Indian restaurants do have a variety to choose from. But the Garlic naan was like nothing I have seen in an Indian before, bright yellow toxic yellow which im sure was food saffron or something but added nothing to the flavour and I don't think it had seen a garlic clove it was just a dry yellow round thing. Overall I personally would not go back and found it basic with paper place mats on a wood table with people in and out either their staff of customers picking up takeaway and as its long and narrow and we were sat near the door we kept getting a draft everytime door opened and along with only ok food for us its a no no. To be fair to the restaurant we never complained about the naan But I guess it depend on what your looking for. Overall an avarage meal but nothing special.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
home
“First time for Indonesian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The menu offers Indian and Indonesian options. We chose an Indonesian sampler platter that was excellent. I have never eaten Indonesian food before but will definitely try again! All the dishes were very well seasoned and not too hot. They put a dish of chili pepper sauce on the side if you wanted to add more heat to your food.

Visited April 2013