“Really Good Thai” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Take Thai

Take Thai
Utrechtsestraat 87, 1017 VK Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))
020-622 0577
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #317 of 3,031 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
San Francisco
“Really Good Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food here is really well-prepared and fresh - the beef salad was particularly good, and I'd say our meal would stand up favorably to any of the best Thai meals I've had at home in San Francisco. Service was friendly and attentive. A little on the expensive side, but recommended.

• Visited September 2013

Miami Beach
“Consistently one of our favorites!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We love this restaurant. It's around the corner from where we live, and the staff always remembers us when we arrive. With the number of food allergies in the family, we thought they'd balk at serving us - but they don't. In fact, they are quite possibly the most accommodating kitchen we've ever had the pleasure of visiting.

The food is delicious here. I love Thai food and try to find a good place in every city I visit, and this one ranks. Just spicy enough without ruining your taste buds. Just sizable enough to share without making you feel too full. And the service is attentive without being overbearing. On the one night when service seemed particularly slow, the manager explained that they were short-staffed by 2 servers and was overly apologetic. Fortunately we weren't in a hurry so it didn't matter.

Always a lovely experience here. Definitely try it!

• Visited September 2013
Palm Springs, California
“Take It From Me: TT Audi Be Your Favorite Thai Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I truly enjoy Thai cuisine; I would not, however, claim to be an expert on their kitchen. I will claim to be, nonetheless, a great fan of Take Thai and their superb food offerings. I have never had a bad meal here; I don't think I've ever even had a so-so meal here. Every time I have gone the food has been delightful; the service has been good; the modern and spare surroundings, perfect.

Two nights ago I had a salmon dish that was just wonderful. I want to return and have it again, but there are so many good restaurants now in Amsterdam, I push myself away from TT to try other stops. I do return here every time I come to Amsterdam (often); odd that this is my first time to review TT. Maybe I secretly wanted to keep it to myself; but i have to share - I had to share the pun in the title of the review, too, but trust me, as bad as that was, Take Thai is its antipode. Don't let my bad pun keep you away from a delightful dining experience.

I love the restaurant; maybe I'll see you there one evening!

• Visited August 2013
Bromley, United Kingdom
“Good main dishes, although rather pricey!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a satisfactory meal here. My husband loved his starter of skewered fish and my pork main was tasty. I ordered for a starter a spring roll of prawn with vegetables. They had many crab starter dishes and as I am allergic to crab, I carefully picked one that didn't contain crabmeat. However, I found crab in my spring roll ! The waitresses were very helpful and changed it for me to fishcakes, although I found them quite rubbery, although nicely spiced. I again checked the menu of the person sitting next to me and crab was not listed as part of the spring roll. The wine was reasonable. The restaurant was very clean and smart. My egg fried rice was absolutely delicious. We found it expensive though, almost 90 Euros for a meal for two with no pudding or coffee. I think I would go back and try it again another time as the main course was full of flavour, well cooked and nicely presented. Efficient and friendly staff.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank islandwitch
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The best Thai I ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This was, quite simply, the best Thai food I have ever had. We shared a table in the front of the restaurant, which is decorated inside with a stark white interior, muted by subtle lighting fortunately. There was a large group ahead of us and initially my heart sank, but the service and attention to detail were not compromised at all. We started with Thai dim-sum and crab cakes. Both were outstanding and beautifully presented. Next was fried fish in Thai herbs and crispy duck with red curry sauce. Again, both were outstanding and cooked exactly as requested, one spicy, one not. We had a very presentable glass of house rosé each and left very satisfied indeed. This was a slightly 'fusion' take on Thai food and though purists may quibble we found it outstandingly good. For Thai it was not 'cheap', but the prices were about average for quality dining in Amsterdam. this was way above average though. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited July 2013