“Beautifully presented tasty food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 2,591 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
advisor1681
“Beautifully presented tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015 NEW

My boyfriend and I happened upon this restaurant while looking for a nice, reasonably priced dinner near where we were staying. We were pleased to see that they had a set menu for the very reasonable price of 28 euro for two courses and 32 for three. We were even more delighted when we actually saw the food! It was so very beautifully presented I wanted to take a picture. As well as this the courses tasted so good and were very usual. My started consisted of prawns with a spicy samba sauce on top of basil mashed potato- sounds weird- but was just amazing and worked so well. The service was great too understated and attentive.
All in all I was so glad me and my boyfriend stumbled upon this restaurant and managed to get an amazing three course 5 star quality meal with wine for under 100 euros.

• Polish first
“Very nice restaurant for a couple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015 NEW

We had very warm and charming Birthday dinner at Seasons. Good European cuisine (French / Italian). Good selection of proper wines accompanying 2nd meals. Very smooth and friendly service. The bill was 44 EUR per person for a full dinner (starters, 1st / 2nd meals, dessert, wine, water). I would recommend it to everybody passing by or staying in the neighbourhood.

Visited April 2015
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Alexay,

Thanks for taking a moment to write a review here for others to read. Glad to hear you enjoyed your B-Day dinner and you found the service smooth and friendly.

We do hope you make it back to see us again soon.

Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Great meal at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2015 NEW

This restaurant had phenomenal service and amazing food at a great price! We did the 2 course meal and were absolutely stuffed. My one 'complaint' is that I wish that the server did not suggest that we get a bread basket, as I was quite full after the bread and pumpkin fondue appetizer and couldn't eat all of my tasty Inside out beef wellington entree!! But I guess that is my fault. It was honestly one of the best meals I've ever eaten in my life. Overall, this restaurant is wonderful and I recommend for an evening with friends or significant other.

• Visited February 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear 9bebpo,

Thanks for taking a moment to post a review here for others to read.

Glad you enjoyed your meal and that you thought we gave "phenomenal service and amazing food at a great price!" I find it ironic that you comment comes after our last comment. That is the thing about Trip Advisor it allows us to express our personal opinions or give us "real-time" reviews.

We do hope you make it back to see us again so we can show you more of our seasonal dishes!

Kind regards,

Mosjoen, Norway
“Not good enough....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2015 NEW

This is the second time i`ve visited this place. Last time was 4 years ago, and that time it was really good. Now it seems like they have neglected the food. Uninteresting dishes that tasted bland. We had the steak, which in it self was cooked medium as we ordered, but the garnish was not good enough. No sauce, boiled and tasteless broccoli plus an uninteresting salad. My friend had the cooked hen with lentils. Dry meat and overall bland. The only dish that tasted good was the tikka masala. I still wonder why they even got an indian dish on their french menu. The owner of the pace was relaxed and charming, but the two other waitors seemed uniterested in making an effort (or maybe they were just really hung over :) Im sorry to say that this place needs to pull itself together. Its just not good enough..

• Visited April 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Espolsen,

Thanks for taking moment to write a review here for other travelers. I did notice on your contribution page that you have visited Amsterdam a few times before and you mention dining with us before thus you came back. I do not however see an earlier review of our restaurant from you, just this one.

Our current steak, does have a Black-Pepper Mustard Sauce on it...hope it was not missing your plate as it should have been here. The veggies under the steak we do not season so much to let the steak do the seasoning. As for the garnish we use a Japanese Eggplant with Cherry Tomaotes, Shiso and Dill.. I think very unique. The Cornish hen is new on our menu this past weekend and we will review it.

I do want to let people know that our menu is NOT French, as I, the chef, have had no experience in a French kitchen, but an International Kitchen, thus we have had Tikka on the menu for a while now. I use dishes from around the world that I have lived in or visited.

My partner and the other owner, will pass on your comments to the staff, but for the readers I want to make sure to let them know we do not let staff work "really hung over" as you suggest.

We will work with your comments as we do with all, but we also note out of about five restaurants visited this weekend, three of them were "Not good enough!" ( Restaurants that charge over 100 euros pp, seem to be good, but that is not what the average traveler is spending.)

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015 NEW

I ate here in February with a group of friends during a weekend break in Amsterdam. We loved it! We shared the pumpkin fondue, which as a very generous portion and plenty for the four of us to share.

• Visited February 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Anna,

Thanks for the Review..and as they say "better late than never". Unfortunately we do not have that fondue dish any longer on the menu as it is one of our winter dishes. But I have a feeling it will make it back around next year.

Glad you enjoyed your evening out with friends....it is important to us to hear that, friends out having good food, good service and most of all an enjoyable time.