“Exceptional meal” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons Restaurant

Seasons Restaurant
16 Herenstraat, 1015 CA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020 330 3800
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Manitoba
“Exceptional meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I made an early bird reservation on-line for the 2 course meal. The staff were exceptional, explaining the options. We were asked to both choose either a starter & entree or entree and desert. We chose the starter & entrée. I had the white asparagus with ibirico ham and telaggio cheese. It was well-presented and extremely tasty. My wife had the spring pea & fava bean & asparagus salad served on avocado and mixed lettuce. It was to die for. The portions were large, and my wife said that she could have stopped with the starter. However, she continued on and had the fiery shrimp on noodles. We like spicy food and they was just properly prepared, with shrimp being done perfectly tender. I had the surf and turf with fire cracker shrimp. The beef was done perfectly medium rare as ordered and was melt in your mouth.

We didn't have dessert, but what we saw going by looked wonderful. The early bird special before 7 pm with online reservation made the 2 course dinner an exceptional value of well presented, and casually timed quality dining in Amsterdam. We were staying close to Central Station and it was a short walk.

While it was busy, all the staff were very attentive. The windows were very bright and the tulips in tall vases made this a very pleasant and welcoming environment.

Walk, don't run to this restaurant, by making a reservation in advance, on-line. You won't be disappointed! You'll enjoy a wonderful relaxing dinner in a welcoming community of regulars and tourists!

Visited May 2014
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Mikey930,

Thanks for taking a moment to post a review here on TripAdvisor for other guests to read.

YOu described the food very well and just like we make them. The Pea Salad has been very popular this spring with a unique combination including avocado and Parmesan cheese ( I would like to put bacon in it, but try to keep it vegetarian?).

I do have to correct you about our Early Bird Special Times. IT only goes to 18:00 and we only take reservations until 17:45.

Yes reservations are a very good idea at this time of the year. You summed it up well with.. "You'll enjoy a relaxing dinner in a welcoming community of regulars and tourists!"

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

• Polish first
Bristol, England
“Best meal of the holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Superb friendly service, relaxed atmosphere, delicious food... What more could one want??? A must for anyone visiting this lovely city.

Visited May 2014
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Briercliffe,

Thanks for the short and kind review for other TripAdvisor travelers.

As you said .."What more could one want?"

Chicago
“Delicious Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We celebrated King's Day Eve at Seasons and due to the great weather, we ate outside. With such great options, my husband and I both did the three course meals - where you get an appetizer, entree and dessert for a set price. I started with the goat cheese / asparagus / onion tart and it was great. I had never had asparagus before and I was surprised that I liked it so much. My husband had the fire shrimp and thought it was equally as good.

For our entrees, we had the chicken tikka masala and spicy garlic shrimp with noodles. Again - both dishes were so good. Nothing at all like we expected.

For dessert we had the coconut sundae and bananas foster. Both desserts were just okay - the main stars of the meal were definitely the appetizer and entrees. If we were ever in the area again - we would come here again in a heartbeat!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Jenniferlyn,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review here on Trip Advisor for other travelers to read.

King's Weekend was super weather....the same could not be said for this past weekend though. Asparagus is in season at the time and there is plenty of different ways of having it on our menu. The Firs Shrimp is still around even after of more than 8 years on the menu it is still a favorite.

Good to see you enjoyed the main and we will have to work on the desserts, because "just okay" is not really good enough for us at Season's. Luckily fresh fruit is just around the corner.

Again thanks for your comments and we hope to see you again.

Kind regards

BeanTown
“Best Meal in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I (mid 60's) ate at this restaurant two times because it was so good. (March 2014) Each time my wife really enjoyed a shrimp dish that she thought was one of the best she had. If you go before 6pm you will find Blaine (Head cook) and his staff eating out in front. By the way he is from Texas and very friendly. We enjoyed our talks before each meal. The food is out standing, the price reasonable for Europe. The atmosphere is very pleasant. All the staff is helpful, patient and friendly. We only hope Blaine consider opening a branch in Boston

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Billyla,

Thanks for your review here on TripAdvisor. It is always good to see guests return while they are visiting.

I do need to correct you that we usually have dinner at 17:00 unless there are reservations, and you must have seen one of those sunny days, not often that one can eat outside this time of the year!

I will pass your complimentary words on to the staff, and I have to say that Amsterdam is just fine, not going for a Boston branch.

Hope to see you on another visit.
EDINBURGH
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We contacted months prior 4 restaurants listed as gluten free. Seasons were the only reply and sent copy menu. It looked sper and we pre booked. The restaurant is located in a nice Jordaan Street. It is nicy laid out, furnished and great decor. The menu covered all tastes; it had fish, chicken, steak, and an out of this world risotto. We choose three courses for a set price, the food was wonderful and the coffee the best ever. It was so goodvwe went back a second night.

Yes we will go back next time in town. It was busy both nights so suggest pre book.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Rinso84,

Thanks for your review here on TripAdvisor.

I am surprised to see sometimes, how difficult it is for restaurants to reply to emails to guests. It is by the way how we get more than 50% of our reservations. Gluten Free menus are not that difficult to make and most all menu''s allow for gluten free. We have a number of compliments on the risotto and glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Yes we do recommend reservations as this time of the year is very busy. Look forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards