“Very nice food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons Restaurant

Seasons Restaurant
16 Herenstraat, 1015 CA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020 330 3800
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We had a very nice meal here, and it was good value for 2 courses. The staff are very helpful and welcoming. The menu was nice and varied with a touch of Asian inspiration. The miso salmon was flavoured to perfection and was nice and dark pink in the middle.

It gets very crowded, and the tables are quite close together so navigating to the back of the room is a tad complicated, but once your ensconced in your seat it's fine.

Book a table in advance because we watched tons of people being turned away as they were fully booked.

Visited May 2014
Dear SuzyCatPope,

Thanks so much for your kind review. Glad you enjoyed yourself and always great to hear about staff welcoming and helpful.

Your words of advice about booking a table in advance is a good one. The last few weeks have seen us sending many guests away as we get really busy during the Spring Season. We do take a certain number of reservations, but do hold a few table for those who just might walk in.

We hope you make it back to see us again and thanks once more for the nice review!

• Polish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Just a short walk (10-15 minutes) from central but far enough away you feel like you left most the tourists behind. Couple of outside seats allow you to enjoy the day. The Miso Salmon was great and so was the Chicken Marsala, next time I would also try their "Deconstructed" ceasar

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear David,

Thanks for taking a moment to write a review here for other travelers to read. Also thanks mentioning that you had Lunch with us.

With nice the weather outside is a great place to sit, with limited seating, we do offer a terrace. The street has really livened up with all the new shops and to sit and people watch is great.

We do not offer sandwiches at lunch, but a reduced menu of our dinner card, as we have found there are plenty of sandwiches in the street.

Hope to see you again soon and again thanks for your review.

Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Recommend you book! Fantastic Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is quite a small restaurant so I'd try and book if you want a Friday/Saturday night.

The menu is entirely seasonal so there was lots of Asparagus when we went this week! Mains are around 22 Euros but you can have two courses for 28 Euros.

We both had absolutely delicious starters and mains. The smoked chicken and mango salad starter was particularly lovely.

The atmosphere is great and so is the service. Very friendly staff.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear AnnaMaria84,

Thanks for taking a moment to post a review here for other guests to read.

As I have mentioned a few times before you are correct about making a booking if you want to get in on a weekend. This past weekend saw us turning away as many guests as we had seated. We do try to save some table for walk-in guests, but they can be quickly gone during the busy flower season.

As I am sitting here typing this note here to you I currently have the chicken outside in the smoker. The Oak Smoked Chicken Mango salad is also one of my favorites. Glad you enjoyed it.

We will pass your compliments on to the staff and we hope you can make it to see us again soon.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Food, Great Service, Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Recommended by the owner of the B&B where we are staying, we went to Seasons on a Friday night. Seasons is in the Jordaan district of Amsterdam. It has outdoor seating, but because the night was chilly, we sat inside. Fortunately, we had a reservation because people without one, at least before 8:00 p.m., were being turned away. Upon entry, we were asked if we wished to check our coats and hats which we did (no charge and they were returned to us as we prepared to leave). We opted for the "two course meal" for 28 euros per person. For starters we had the Hollands Glorie and the Asparagus Goat Cheese and Onion Tart. Both were very good. My wife had the salmon with asparagus and I had the spicy shrimp with noodles. The salmon was excellent and the shrimp dish was very good. Served with the dinner were a basket of bread and a jar of various olives. With a bottle of wine (24.50 euro; not cheap, but comparable), the total bill was 86.00 euros, not bad in comparison to the prices we have paid in other comparable restaurants in Amsterdam, France and Italy. My wife told me to mention that the salmon was so perfectly seasoned that she did not add any salt or pepper. The service was prompt, friendly and efficient. Seasons has free wifi; we did not use it so we cannot comment on its functionality. We definitely recommend Seasons.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Sociawg,

Thanks for your review here on TripAdvisor for other travelers to read. Glad to hear thatyou enjoyed your evening with us.

While reading your review it was nice to see that you really give other travelers a good overall sense of what we are about.

Mentioning free WiFi is not often done. While I have over the years have tried to avoid this in the restaurant it is just the way things are. When guests arrive we offer instructions on the WiFi. We also offer a App that lets people know our recommendations for other restaurants and things to do while here in Amsterdam.

Great to hear that you will be recommending us, as that is the best form of advertising.

Thanks again and hope to see you or your friends again soon.

London
“Looking for good quality, fresh food? Go to Seasons Restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I'd read something online about this place prior to going but didn't actually set out to go there specifically and instead came across it by chance as I wondered the streets of Amsterdam. I was in a group of four (two of which are fussy eaters!) and we sat outside for lunch which was very pleasant as it was a nice day and the restaurant is in the middle of a very nice street in the Jordaan district of the city.

Service was very good, the waitress was attentive and very polite and helpful and all of our dishes were excellent. We all ate something different and all of us really enjoyed it, even the fussy eaters! I would recommend the Hollands Glorie, the smoked eel in particular was delicious and something I have been craving ever since! The dish was simple, light, clearly very fresh and perfect for a lunch time; afterwards I shared a Dutch cheese platter and there was plenty for two. The glass of red wine was very nice (sorry, I can't remember the name!) and the coffee to finish was perfect.

It was only after I'd eaten here that I actually looked it up on TripAdvisor and I wasn't surprised to see such great reviews, next time I'm in Amsterdam I will definitely be returning to try the dinner menu. I was pleased to have been able to try some good quality Dutch dishes as I always like to try local dishes when I travel but Seasons is not all Dutch food, the menu will appeal to all tastes with a good selection of international inspired options to satisfy all tastes sitting alongside the local inspired plates. Prices are very reasonable and, having visited Amsterdam numerous times, I'd be surprised if you can eat this good anywhere else at these prices.

In summary: excellent service, really good quality food in a nice location (not over crowded with tourists!) at a good price: highly recommended!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Aky,

Thanks for such a nice review here on TripAdvisor. It was nice to see that you really covered everything we try to be about.

Your summary: "Excellent service, really good quality food in a nice location ( not overcrowded with tourist!) as a good price: highly recommended!" says it all!

Hope you make it back again soon!