“Looking for good quality, fresh food? Go to Seasons Restaurant!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons Restaurant

Seasons Restaurant
16 Herenstraat, 1015 CA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020 330 3800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 2,244 restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Jordaan
London
“Looking for good quality, fresh food? Go to Seasons Restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I'd read something online about this place prior to going but didn't actually set out to go there specifically and instead came across it by chance as I wondered the streets of Amsterdam. I was in a group of four (two of which are fussy eaters!) and we sat outside for lunch which was very pleasant as it was a nice day and the restaurant is in the middle of a very nice street in the Jordaan district of the city.

Service was very good, the waitress was attentive and very polite and helpful and all of our dishes were excellent. We all ate something different and all of us really enjoyed it, even the fussy eaters! I would recommend the Hollands Glorie, the smoked eel in particular was delicious and something I have been craving ever since! The dish was simple, light, clearly very fresh and perfect for a lunch time; afterwards I shared a Dutch cheese platter and there was plenty for two. The glass of red wine was very nice (sorry, I can't remember the name!) and the coffee to finish was perfect.

It was only after I'd eaten here that I actually looked it up on TripAdvisor and I wasn't surprised to see such great reviews, next time I'm in Amsterdam I will definitely be returning to try the dinner menu. I was pleased to have been able to try some good quality Dutch dishes as I always like to try local dishes when I travel but Seasons is not all Dutch food, the menu will appeal to all tastes with a good selection of international inspired options to satisfy all tastes sitting alongside the local inspired plates. Prices are very reasonable and, having visited Amsterdam numerous times, I'd be surprised if you can eat this good anywhere else at these prices.

In summary: excellent service, really good quality food in a nice location (not over crowded with tourists!) at a good price: highly recommended!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Aky,

Thanks for such a nice review here on TripAdvisor. It was nice to see that you really covered everything we try to be about.

Your summary: "Excellent service, really good quality food in a nice location ( not overcrowded with tourist!) as a good price: highly recommended!" says it all!

Hope you make it back again soon!

91% Recommend
  • Polish first
Lake City, Minnesota
“Outstanding in Every Way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We found this gem of a restaurant thanks to our guesthouse host Synco and were pleased almost beyond words. The setting is lovely and the service and food superb! We enjoyed steak, followed by creme brûlée and chocolate mousse. We dined early in the evening and took advantage of the "early bird" price. By the time we finished, the restaurant was quite filled with other diners, so you will definitely want to make reservations for this culinary delight! Yummmmm!

Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Karen,

Thanks so much for your kind review here on TripAdvisor.

Synco actually did stop in that afternoon to make sure your booking was in. We find it a pleasure to make sure guests have a great time in our city and I have to say that is true for most of the individuals involved in the hospitality industry.

You do make a good point that reservations are a very good idea!

Hope you can make it back to see us again!

Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Our last nite in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This restaurant was a few doors down from out B and B. It typifies the neighborhood by its small size, its very gracious owner and host, and attentive colleagues. They all want you to be happy and have a great evening. And we did. Dined here with fellow Yankees, but Sox fans, and just really enjoyed the food, the atmosphere and the company.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Anthony,

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdvisor. You summed us up well, and we hope that future diners with us have just as an enjoyable experience as you.

We hope that you can make it back to see us again soon.

Reading, PA
2,882 helpful votes 2,882 helpful votes
“Best meal in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We have been dining at Season's Restaurant for a number of years. The food is always fresh, tasty, well prepared and delicious. As the name suggests, the menu changes with the seasons. We had dinner here 2 of the 4 nights we were in Amsterdam.

The last time we ate here was April 2013. Spring is white asparagus season but last year because of the cold, harsh winter and late spring, there was no white asparagus on the menu. This year there were several offerings. I had white asparagus as my first course both times we ate here and I was VERY happy with my choice.

They have an incredible early bird "two for one" special. If you book online, two people can each have a 2 course menu and you only pay for one. You can choose from any first course and main dish (some dishes have a small supplement) and you only pay for one 2 course meal. The food is so good that it is worth the cost even at full price. See their website for details.

It is important to make a reservation, since the restaurant is not that large. They recently did a very tasteful remodel and it looks much larger and more open. This is our favorite restaurant in Amsterdam and we will be back when we return in spring 2015.

Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Luvroma2,

Thanks so much for yet another review of our restaurant.

It makes us very proud to see that people return from abroad to dine with us. And if I look at the reviews this is your fourth year dining with us. That should say something to other travelers.

Thanks for also mentioning the remodeling. Glad to see that you noticed one thing we did to try to enlarge the space...at least visibility wise.

Again thanks for your review and we will pass on the review to our staff.

See you next year!

London
“the best restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Seasons restaurant is very special, the food is outstanding, very fresh, very plentiful and so tasty!
The service is so good, the three waiters are very kind and very attentive to our needs and the
owner is very friendly indeed, one feels at home! The restaurant atmosphere is great and one can spend a lovely time there. I recommend to book on line for the early starters as you can get 50% off your bill if you arrive before 6 p.m. this is a great deal!
We shall keep Seasons restaurant in mind and tell all our friends about it!

Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Benedicte,

Thanks for your review here posted on TripAdvisor for other travelers to read.

Sound like we got it all right for your dinner..." outstanding" service, "The service is so good," and
"one feels at home!"

Yes our Early Bird Special is a nice one, but even at the regular price we do not feel one could go wrong.

Thanks again and hope to see you and your friends again.