“Good Spanish food in Amsterdam” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons Restaurant

Seasons Restaurant
16 Herenstraat, 1015 CA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020 330 3800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 2,299 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Paramus, New Jersey
“Good Spanish food in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Good recommendation of wine for dinner. Not overall expensive for Europe. Very friendly and food delish. Just remember if you want to add the tip to the bill must tell the waiter before your credit card is run.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Jacqueline,

Thanks for your kind words here on TripAdvisor. We are not sure why you mention Spanish Food, but we do realise you posted correctly by reading your comment about the tip. It is true, we do not charge tip to credit cards, as the money left for tip is for the service personnel and note the restaurant owners.

Thanks again for the kind review and we hope to see you again soon!

• Polish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fantastic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The food was outstanding. Only downside was the place is pretty cramped, but worth the visit. Not too bad on price.

Visited March 2014
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear JRN-NZ,

Thanks for your quick review of Season's this week.

Glad to that you thought he food was outstanding, but too bad you felt cramped. It is about the average size of local Amsterdam Restaurants and when they are full, as is often with us, they can be crowded. IF one comes earlier in the evening it is not so bad.

We do hope you make it again to see us!

Again thanks for the compliment and hope to see you again soon!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

They had great food however the price was a little expensive for the food that was received. The atmosphere was great.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Hisloi,

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdvisor. Was a little suprised about the note of "expensive", but we will look into it.

We do hope you make it back to see us again.

Kind regards

Stockholm, Sweden
“not tasty not special not worth”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

just a random van der valk hotel is better than this restaurant! The portions are quit small in comparing with the prices, I don't understand why the salad served as side dishes is salty? The 'steak' is quit thin 5mm i guess? The waiters are not well trained, while putting my head down, he just put a menu card in my face.. overall... not a good choice to eat

Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear IamJennifer,

First of all I apologize for an dinner that obviously was not what you were hoping for. I have been there the last two weeks every night and did not even hear of any complaints such as yours.

If you dined with us in the last 6 weeks you are aware that we conduct a survey at the end of the evening, and this morning I did see a score that Peter and I questioned, but there was no comment just a low score and no way we could have contacted the person ( so there was not much we could do if, again not sure if that was you.)

If one looks at the more than 675 comments we have there is not one I think that says our portions are small. A side salad that is salty is wrong,,,I agree..we do salt and pepper every salad, but there is no reason to be salty. We are currently training new personnel, and I feel there is nothing wrong with making a mistake and we will point your comment out to the staff.

I really regret that you had a bad time, but wish you would have pointed it out while dining with us so that we could have made some type of corrections. We do not think it is really correct to use your one and only (at least at this time) review on TripAdvisor as a complaint platform.

Again we apologize and regret we could not have done better as other reviewers have written.

Regards,

Blaine

PS....Sounds to us that you might be 'Local' as Van Der Valk is as Dutch as they get...by the way who says there is anything wrong with the product they offer?
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“superb food and a warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Without a doubt my favourite restaurant. Not just in Amsterdam but my favourite restaurant full stop.
From the moment you arrive you are made to feel welcome. The menu is always diverse enough to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters, and the food is always beautifully cooked.
The crab cakes starter was good, crispy breadcrumbs, flavourful filling and enough jalapeños for just the right amount of heat. The mango salsa and the dill mayo worked well. I enjoyed the starter very much and the portion size was more than generous.
Old habits die hard as they say, so my main was as usual the surf and turf. The beef was perfect, as always. Season's fire shrimp has been a favourite dish of mine for years and again it didn't disappoint. Trying to get prawns this size in the UK is near impossible!
You couldn't ask for more welcoming hosts than Blaine, Peter and my waiter (sorry I don't know your name).
I visit Amsterdam a few times a year and look forward to a meal at Seasons more than anything else when I'm in town.
See you in April.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Mark,

Thanks once again for your kind review. Glad to hear that you once again enjoyed it.

Also the crab cakes was a first for you I believe and the Surf and Turf still does it for you. I do want to try something new with this, but do not worry it will not mean fewer or smaller shrimp. And we will maintain the quality of beef we have served in the past.

We look forward to see you again in April, but I do have to give you a warning....Change is in the air....you might not recognize us as you walk by, but you can rest assure your dishes and the service will remain the same.