“Always good food, always good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons Restaurant

Seasons Restaurant
16 Herenstraat, 1015 CA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020 330 3800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 2,314 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Always good food, always good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I can't ever visit Amsterdam without paying a visit to Seasons. As you can see from my previous reviews going back a few years I've never had a bad experience here.
Peter and Blaine are the perfect hosts, really welcoming and I find the cosy ambience of the restaurant a real plus point. The food has always been consistently good. This time round the surf and turf was even better than a couple of months ago. Perfectly cooked beef, a lovely mushroom sauce, wonderful pastry and of course their famous fireshrimp and basil mash.
As usual we opted for 3 courses, and as usual it was money well spent!
I look forward to seeing you both in February.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thanks again for your posting another positive reply. They are always appreciated. I must admit we do have to try to get something else on the menu that you are so fond of...that "fire shrimp" just keeps coming back up.

Happy Holidays and look forward to more good chats and meals in 2014!

• Polish first
“My last dinner in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Went there by chance. It was raining, and the place we wanted to visit was full. Quick look at the tripadvisor app sent us there, because it was very nearby, and ranked high. It's a little place, less than ten tables. A very friendly service, very nice food and not so expensive. We enjoyed it a lot.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Lior,

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdvisor and glad we topped off your Amsterdam experience..

You summed us up well, but I have to admit we do have more than 10 tables.

Hope you can make it back again soon.

Kind regards,

London, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely Thanksgiving dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I'll admit I'm a bit biased since I live right around the corner and am a regular but Seasons does a delightful Thanksgiving dinner in the same manner as their usual amazing fare. The jams they served along with the bread and cranberry sauce were particular high-points. Seasons has the atmosphere of a comfortable local restaurant (not the least pretentious) yet serving out of this world food. Amazing variety, always changing and inventive menu, and lovely staff. Highly recommend Seasons for anyone visiting or living in Amsterdam.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Larry,

Thanks for your kind Thanksgiving Review here on TripAdvisor.

There have been a few reviews about Thanksgiving, but we really appreciate that you point out that we also have "amazing fare" throughout the year. This year I have taken on a "hobby" on the side of pickling and preserving and featured them also in the Thanksgiving meal.

Your last two lines sums us up well and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Happy Holidays,

Costa Mesa
“An American Thanksgiving in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I can't speak to their usual menu but, if Thanksgiving dinner is any indicator, this is some of the best food you will find in Amsterdam. We went their because of their tripadvisor rating and couldn't have been happier. They had three sittings, one at noon and two in the evening. We took the noon spot and it was great. I chose pumpkin and coconut soup and beet root salad with the main course a traditional plate of smoked turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, spinach soufflé, green beans...all prepared to perfection. Throw in a bottle of Alsatian Riesling and a Heineken and it was one great Thanksgiving dinner.

Blaine creates the magic in the kitchen while Peter runs a highly efficient front end. The entire experience was a blast with two great hosts who really care about their restaurant.

Dear Weedspay,

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdvisor for other guests to read.

You seemed to sum up the day very well.

Loved your last line...."the entire experience was a blast with great hosts who really care about their restaurant."

Thanks again and hope you make it back!

Happy Holidays,

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Another fantastic meal at Seasons!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Dinner here is consistently a great dining experience. From the nice atmosphere, friendly service and solid menu options this is my go-to place for dinner out. I have brought friends, family and business associates to dine here on various occasions and all have raved about the food and service. The appetizer, entree and dessert deals cannot be beat. And, the Chef's imaginative combinations with tastes and textures consistently surprise and delight.
I am definitely glad we found Seasons.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear KimberlyL.

Thanks for your review here on TripAdvisor.

Yes you have dined with us on a few occasions and always with new people. Thanks for spreading the word.

While you were here on Thanksgiving you mentioned you had informed your mother in the USA, who has dined with us before, that you all were spending the meal with us. Her reply was that she knew you were good hands. I must admit that was one of the nicest compliments I have heard in while. Thanks!

As you mentioned ..."from the nice atmosphere, friendly service and solid menu options this is my go-to place for dinner out"..we hope more people find it as a "go-to" place!

Hope to see you again soon.