“Best Thanksgiving Meal Ever (in Amsterdam)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons Restaurant

Seasons Restaurant
16 Herenstraat, 1015 CA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))
+31 20 330 3800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 2,765 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Thanksgiving Meal Ever (in Amsterdam)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Perhaps the best meal ever!! The is was just the main course (Baked Ham & Roasted Turkey, baked sweet potato, mashed potato, pesto string beans, sauteed spinach with dried cranberries, and slaw of shredded brussel sprouts in a ginger dressing) in a 5 course dinner Preceded by coconut pumpkin soup , butternut ricotta tart salad, and goat cheese stuffed figs wrapped in Serrano ham, and then followed by a dessert plate with 5 desserts - panna cotta with raspberry sauce, mincemeat pie, pumpkin pie, roasted pear with mascarpone cream, and ) . Amazing!

• 5 of 5 stars
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Apritchard,

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdivsor.

As I have lived abroad for over 25 years, this is the one Holiday that I miss all those good home treats. A few tweets here and there we have now been holding the event in Season's for over 8 years and we have all found that this is one of the most enjoyable days to work with each other and guests.

Glad to here you enjoyed it and that you got a little piece of home cooking while in Amsterdam!

Happy Holidays!

Mila, Virginia
“Surprised and pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My friend and I always look for the best place to eat at the best value we can find... this restaurant is definitely a front runner. We chose the 3 course option and each one was excellent! I had the scallops 3 ways and the mix was unusual, delicious, and intriguing. The nut crust was especially unusual and very good. I wanted bread to sop up all the great sauces! I had rabbit as the 2nd and am sure this guy never did much in the wild (sorry if that is politically incorrect). The dish was delicious and the rabbit fell off the bone. My partner had the pea soup and was delighted - but it was extremely filling and hearty - beware if you bring a small appetite - you may run out of room before the 3rd course :-). He had the wild boar sausage for his second and it was also wonderful. It was one of a few times when we declared that we both won! My only criticism of the meal was with the cream brulee ... the creme was wonderful and they lit it tableside which was dramatic and fun - I prefer my brulee a little thicker however. There is something satisfying about taping the brulee and having it crack. This was too thin for that.

Overall.. this was a wonderful meal at a really affordable price. I will definitely be returning the next time I go to Amsterdam!!!

• 4 of 5 stars
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear PamalaattheRiver, ( Let me guess where you live...)

Thanks so much for your kind and constructive review here on TripAdvisor for other travelers to read.

Yes the scallops are back nutty, herbal, and garlicky are truly a match made in heaven and yes be sure to ask for extra bread. The Dutch Pea Soup is a traditional dish that does warm one up for the winter. And yes you are probably right about the rabbit, but we do not go there!

As for your comment we will work on that, a little more crust should be possible.

Thanks and again for your comment and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

One of the best italian chef in town,the price is high ,20uro for one dish ,but tottaly worth it ,dont forget to try the rissoto here ,you wont regret if you come here

Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest.....( can not write the Chinese letters)

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdvisor for other guests to see. I must admit that I am not Italian, but American living in Amsterdam, but as you commenting on the risotto, a great dish on our new menu, I will take it, being Italian, as a compliment.

Kind regards

San Diego, California
“Amsterdam Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

After eating at Max's next door the night before, we noticed the menu at Seasons, which peeked our interest. After looking on Trip Advisor, we decided to give Seasons a try. After going to their website, we noted that they offered a 2 for 1 special on a two course meal before 6:00 PM. After emailing the owner who confirmed our reservation, we arrived at 5:45 PM. I had the trio of scallops served in scallop shells and the duck breast, which was delicious and was a very large portion. My wife had the cod, which was also quite good. We added a dessert shared between the two of us and I had a glass of wine and we got out of the restaurant for less than 50 Euros for top notch food. We contemplated coming back on another night, but we wanted to sample the rest of what Amsterdam had to offer. Since most Americans tend to eat earlier especially those recovering from Jet lag from the West Coast, eating dinner at 5:45 PM was no problem for us. On a side note, the owner's black dog came to visit and was quite cute and loveable despite other reviewer's issues with this.

1 Thank Kenneth M
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Kenito Family,

Thanks for taking a moment to write here on TripAdvisor for other guests to read.

Glad to hear that you thought the food was "top-notch" and as you also pointed out the Early-Bird Special is quite the deal and as the days grow shorter and nights longer eating before 18:00 is not so early!

And as for that "loveable dog" Jessie, she is a new one to the "family" and not always there as still quite young and we all know how it is to have "young ones" in the restaurant.

Thanks again and hope to see you again!

Florida
“Great meal and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We visited for our wedding anniversary while on a 2 night stopover in the 'Dam. We had the fire shrimp with the mashed potatoes which was our favorite.

We also had steak which was very good and a nice cheesecake for desert.

The service was good and the price was very reasonable as we did the 2 for 1 special.

Would definitely visit again next time in Amsterdam.

• Visited October 2013