“Surprised and pleased” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons Restaurant

Seasons Restaurant
16 Herenstraat, 1015 CA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
+31 20 330 3800
Neighborhood: Jordaan
Mila, Virginia
“Surprised and pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My friend and I always look for the best place to eat at the best value we can find... this restaurant is definitely a front runner. We chose the 3 course option and each one was excellent! I had the scallops 3 ways and the mix was unusual, delicious, and intriguing. The nut crust was especially unusual and very good. I wanted bread to sop up all the great sauces! I had rabbit as the 2nd and am sure this guy never did much in the wild (sorry if that is politically incorrect). The dish was delicious and the rabbit fell off the bone. My partner had the pea soup and was delighted - but it was extremely filling and hearty - beware if you bring a small appetite - you may run out of room before the 3rd course :-). He had the wild boar sausage for his second and it was also wonderful. It was one of a few times when we declared that we both won! My only criticism of the meal was with the cream brulee ... the creme was wonderful and they lit it tableside which was dramatic and fun - I prefer my brulee a little thicker however. There is something satisfying about taping the brulee and having it crack. This was too thin for that.

Overall.. this was a wonderful meal at a really affordable price. I will definitely be returning the next time I go to Amsterdam!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear PamalaattheRiver, ( Let me guess where you live...)

Thanks so much for your kind and constructive review here on TripAdvisor for other travelers to read.

Yes the scallops are back nutty, herbal, and garlicky are truly a match made in heaven and yes be sure to ask for extra bread. The Dutch Pea Soup is a traditional dish that does warm one up for the winter. And yes you are probably right about the rabbit, but we do not go there!

As for your comment we will work on that, a little more crust should be possible.

Thanks and again for your comment and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

• Polish first
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

One of the best italian chef in town,the price is high ,20uro for one dish ,but tottaly worth it ,dont forget to try the rissoto here ,you wont regret if you come here

Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest.....( can not write the Chinese letters)

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdvisor for other guests to see. I must admit that I am not Italian, but American living in Amsterdam, but as you commenting on the risotto, a great dish on our new menu, I will take it, being Italian, as a compliment.

San Diego, California
“Amsterdam Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

After eating at Max's next door the night before, we noticed the menu at Seasons, which peeked our interest. After looking on Trip Advisor, we decided to give Seasons a try. After going to their website, we noted that they offered a 2 for 1 special on a two course meal before 6:00 PM. After emailing the owner who confirmed our reservation, we arrived at 5:45 PM. I had the trio of scallops served in scallop shells and the duck breast, which was delicious and was a very large portion. My wife had the cod, which was also quite good. We added a dessert shared between the two of us and I had a glass of wine and we got out of the restaurant for less than 50 Euros for top notch food. We contemplated coming back on another night, but we wanted to sample the rest of what Amsterdam had to offer. Since most Americans tend to eat earlier especially those recovering from Jet lag from the West Coast, eating dinner at 5:45 PM was no problem for us. On a side note, the owner's black dog came to visit and was quite cute and loveable despite other reviewer's issues with this.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Kenito Family,

Thanks for taking a moment to write here on TripAdvisor for other guests to read.

Glad to hear that you thought the food was "top-notch" and as you also pointed out the Early-Bird Special is quite the deal and as the days grow shorter and nights longer eating before 18:00 is not so early!

And as for that "loveable dog" Jessie, she is a new one to the "family" and not always there as still quite young and we all know how it is to have "young ones" in the restaurant.

Thanks again and hope to see you again!

Florida
“Great meal and great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We visited for our wedding anniversary while on a 2 night stopover in the 'Dam. We had the fire shrimp with the mashed potatoes which was our favorite.

We also had steak which was very good and a nice cheesecake for desert.

The service was good and the price was very reasonable as we did the 2 for 1 special.

Would definitely visit again next time in Amsterdam.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Yesmate,

Thanks for your kind review here on TripAdvisor. You mention that "Fire Shrimp" special which is a great classic with us. We know offer this with our "Surf and Turf" dish and Beef Wellington.

We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Amsterdam.

Stuttgart
“Damnalicious Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

WOW! What a another great meal I had at Season's. I started off with the Fire Shrimp made of shrimp, basil mashed potatoes and creamy sambal sauce and it had just the right "kick" to it, not too mild and not too spicy. The waiter made sure that I knew that the pepper on it was mainly for decoration but if I wanted FIRE I could eat it. I took his word for it. My main course was the Beef Wellington that was perfectly cooked to my request. The portion was just right with the accompanying side dishes. The meat was tasty, tender and flavorable. I chose the strawberry cheesecake in a jar for my desert which topped off a great meal. It was just sweet enough with a little crusty crunch on the bottom of the jar. Although the restaurant was busy, the staff was able to handle all the orders and guests requests for drinks. Peter skillfully managed the bar while checking on guests throughout the night. As we were one of the last groups to leave that night, the chef, Blaine, was able to come out and talk to us about our meal. What a stupedous team that they have at Season's. Overall it was a great experience, centrally located, and a great value. We will be back for sure!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Stucatlew,

Thanks once again for your kind review here on TripAdvisor.

The "Fire Shrimp" is back and just as good as ever. We introduced this dish about 7 years ago and while it is sometimes on the menu and sometimes off, it tends to always make it back as it is great in every season. The Beef Wellington is also a favorite and for those who really want the experience they should try "Season's Surf and Turf" a combination of the dishes you mention.

It was good to chat with you and I should make more of an effort to get out of the kitchen and chat with the guests.

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.