“Another fantastic experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons Restaurant

Seasons Restaurant
16 Herenstraat, 1015 CA Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))
+31 20 330 3800
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 2,542 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Where do I start? As you can tell from my previous reviews I love this place. The service seems to improve every time I visit, the food is always fantastic. I can't remember eating a more enjoyable starter than their fireshrimp, the shrimp are always plump and juicy, and the sauce and basil mash are such a good accompaniment to the heat of the dish. Once again thanks for the recipe!
On this occasion I had a quick look on their website to confirm this dish was still on the menu. To my horror it was no where to be seen! A quick email later and I was assured they'd make it for me, now thats service!
On arrival we were met by Peter, we were offered a seat outside but opted for a table indoors as I've always enjoyed the ambience inside Seasons. I know some people aren't keen on the small restaurants in Amsterdam but for me it just adds to the charm of the place.
Peter knew all about my special request, and was only too happy to oblige. Its this kind of service that seems so rare these days. All the staff at Seasons seem genuinely interested in wether you enjoyed your meal with them, and if you didn't please say something as I am sure they would do anything they could to resolve the issue.
Back to the food, the curry was good, the steak was tender and pink and the mud pie was even better than I remember it being a couple of months ago. I almost forgot about the pickled vegetables, there must be an easier way to extract them from the jar, I always seem to struggle, maybe I'm being stupid or maybe I'm lacking the correct technique, either way they're a tasty amuse-bouche/pre dinner puzzle!
Dinner was also amazing value this time round, we weren't in town for long on this visit so made a reservation for the early bird special, you could honestly pay double the price elsewhere and receive half the quality of food and service.
As we were leaving I asked Peter to pass my thanks and regards onto Blaine, he said I could do it myself as Blaine was outside having a bite to eat!
Just like Peter, Blaine really makes you feel asthough your custom is appreciated.
Thanks guys, and I'll see you in December.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Mark,

Thanks again for your review. I did mention to you that the "Fire Shrimp" would make it back on the menu....looks like it will take a week longer due to holidays.

You are very correct about Peter and I really appreciating our guests. And our staff also...everyone wants all of our guests to have an enjoyable evening.

Thanks again for a great summary and coming back when you are in town is also a great testimony!

• Polish first
“A bit loud, lovely menu and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Me and my bf dined at seasons on a saturday night so it was packed. The negative point about this restaurant is that the tables are very close together and depending on who's your neighbor, it can get rather loud.
The menu is very interesting and especially vegetarians like me, can for once taste things they don't usually get in restaurants. (usually we are limited to risottos or salads).
Upon ordering the waitress told us that the food would take up to 20 minutes to arrive (due to the amount of people there). We both appreciated this. Food did arrive right after 20 minutes and it was delicious.
I would definitely recommend this place and come back there on my next weekend to Amsterdam

Visited August 2013
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear ElviraBuster,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review here on TripAdvisor.

Glad to know that you had a good time while dining with us. Sorry about the packed tables, but that seems to be an Amsterdam thing (big city) unless you pay alot for dinner.Other guests have commented on this and really not much we can do....

Glad to hear that you enjoyed our vegetarian options. Sounds like you did not order a starter and that was the reason for the warning from the waitress. That is never a problem, but as things are made to order and not produced in mass as many restaurants, things can take a little longer.

Thanks for the recommendation and we do hope to see you again on a future visit to the restaurant.

“WOW ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I can only recommend this great restaurant. The service the food the ambience you will not regret it. PS try the scallops

Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Ernesto,

Thanks for your short review. YOu got it summed up in about 10 words!

And your right...."try the scallops"!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“The BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Tried it for the first time, as per advise of my girlfriend and our late lunch was excellent! Amazing food, amazing quality! Very rare in Amsterdam where in general the food is mediocre and service catastrophic.....unless you go for a michelin star!!! If you have the chance to visit Season's, do not hesitate and go for it!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Rafael,

Thanks so much for posting a review here on Trip Advisor for others to read.

If we could only get open for Lunch...we would like to...but a late lunch or our Early Bird Special can also work. Glad you enjoyed it.

As we see you are in Amsterdam we do hope you make it back soon to see more of our seasonal dishes!

Anchorage, Alaska
“Lovely location, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Varied menu, nice extra touches including small desert served with coffee. Food very good, and nice intimate atmosphere. Will go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blaine H, Owner at Seasons Restaurant, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Ruth,

Thanks for leaving a quick and informative review here on TripAdvisor for others to see. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed it and we do hope to see you again in the future!