“Half the stars it deserves” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Vermeer

Restaurant Vermeer
Prins Hendrikkade 59-72 (NH Barbizon Palace Hotel), 1012 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)
020-556-4885
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 2,323 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Red Light District
Reading
“Half the stars it deserves”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant delivers at least two star cuisine, and compares more than favourably to the three star establishments I've enjoyed. Nothing could be faulted, and every course brought both surprise and delight. If you're looking for a memorable experience, and you're happy to pay for it, this is it. Do the full seven courses, with the wine accompaniment, and you'll remember it with joy forever.

Visited June 2013

Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Almost everything at least very good; some stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We had the 7 courses menu. As someone said, by the time you add everything else in, it gets to 14. The amuse bouches were great, the rhubarb macerated with sugar and pepper is probably the perfect appetiser. The langoustine and fennel dish with wild garlic is probably one of the nicest things I have ever eaten, and not a combination I had had before. The wine matching was interesting, and creative (eg perry for one course. Possibly too many foams - seemed to have a fixation with these

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Multi course dinner accompanied by excellent wines. I especially enjoyed the asparagus soup, the fish

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warsaw
“Art Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Not being impressed by plates of food that are more art than substance, I feel my review may offend the more "artisan" conneseurs of refreshment.
Thankfully, it was a company expedition so I did not pay. In fact I am happy that I do not have the financial resources to waste on such food er tainment!
menu was set 3 course- non of which I found even slightly enjoyable, cost was horrendous.
We were a party of 25, multinational. When I indicated I would leave to find something to eat, i was pleasantly surprised to see that I would be joined by 6 other international guests.
Service was, as it should have been-exemplary, & the wine was also very good

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“A wonderful dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. We had the 7 course tasting menu, but ultimately received over 14 different courses once you factor in the amuse bouches and pre-dessert offering as well. The service was top-notch and the sommelier was very helpful in suggesting an excellent wine to pair with our meal. The chef was very accommodating of my food restrictions. All in all an amazing 4.5+ hour meal!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere