“Art Food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Vermeer

Restaurant Vermeer
Prins Hendrikkade 59-72 (NH Barbizon Palace Hotel), 1012 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)
020-556-4885
Neighborhood: Red Light District
Warsaw
“Art Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Not being impressed by plates of food that are more art than substance, I feel my review may offend the more "artisan" conneseurs of refreshment.
Thankfully, it was a company expedition so I did not pay. In fact I am happy that I do not have the financial resources to waste on such food er tainment!
menu was set 3 course- non of which I found even slightly enjoyable, cost was horrendous.
We were a party of 25, multinational. When I indicated I would leave to find something to eat, i was pleasantly surprised to see that I would be joined by 6 other international guests.
Service was, as it should have been-exemplary, & the wine was also very good

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Boston, MA
“A wonderful dining experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went here to celebrate our wedding anniversary and were not disappointed. We had the 7 course tasting menu, but ultimately received over 14 different courses once you factor in the amuse bouches and pre-dessert offering as well. The service was top-notch and the sommelier was very helpful in suggesting an excellent wine to pair with our meal. The chef was very accommodating of my food restrictions. All in all an amazing 4.5+ hour meal!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
“An unbelievable dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Excellent food, nice atmosphere. We took seven course tasting menu with accompanying wines, sommelier was entertainment in itself. Food and wines are delicious. I would highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Petworth
“A wonderful and memorable meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This place is absolutely first class in every way. Head chef Chris Naylor trained under Albert Roux and follows the master's philosophy of lettings the finest ingredients speak for themselves. The imaginative wine parings are in the same league. Mortgage your grandmother and eat here!

Vancouver, Canada
“A full-on taste and pleasure experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

An unbelievable dining experience! I can fully agree with most of the reviewers that this is one of the best restaurants in Amsterdam ... but beware certainly not cheap in fact the only misleading info was actually the TA 'price range' of €25-28 You'll need to double that for not very much.
We opted for the 7 course taster with accompanying wines, sommelier was entertainment in itself, wines selected were mostly very good if not sensational , and as you would expect very well suited for the varying subtleties between , for example, a prawn foam, then cod ensemble then seabass to name three plates. Desserts followed suit - with designer style plates loaded with taste bombs.
Our total bill for the Tasting menu with wines was €420 for two< Was it good value?? It was right at the top end of the tolerance scale .... only very slightly nudged over by the €9 for a cup of green tea for my somewhat inebriated wife (which they could have thrown in as they had orchestrated her condition!).... but that certainly wouldn't stop us going back!

• Visited April 2013