“Lovely smooth chocolate, good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Puccini Bomboni

Puccini Bomboni
Staalstraat 17 | Oudekerksplein 17, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)
020-6265472
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #162 of 2,507 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Cafe, Coffee Shop, Dessert
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Coffee & Tea
Neighborhood: Binnenstad
Wales
“Lovely smooth chocolate, good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I visited here as it is highly recommended, there is a good choice of chocolate. I bought the coffee milk chocolate and plain milk for a gift. The chocolate is nice and smooth. There is another little shop I would prefer over this one as I prefer the variety of the other.

• Visited January 2014

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The bonbons are hard to resist. They look and taste amazing and are the perfect gift/souvenir for family and friends. Downside is the price (about 2 or 3 euro's each), but for these chocolates, it's worth it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Victoria Australia
“Such delicious chocolate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My oh my this chocolate is good. So many places t choose from and we strolled in here. It was so good and so much to choose from. The selection we chose just melted in the mouth and we had to go back twice before we left Amsterdam. The staff were very ordinary though - not too helpful each time we went in. Guess they are over chocolate - but not us

Visited October 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Chocolate I've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

A friend recommended we try this chocolate and I'm so glad they did. We bought some regular milk chocolate covered almonds and they are absolutely delicious. Some of the best chocolate I've ever had. You would think chocolate is chocolate but oh no, not Puccini, it's the best.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Picked up chocolates to take home to the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stopped in here quick during my one day stay in Amsterdam to purchase some chocolates to bring back to friends, family, coworkers. The almost 30 euro got me 10 very large chocolates in flavors of my choice and did not eat them until arrived home. Now I just need to get back to the shop soon! Very tasty. Coworkers loved it. This is my insurance that they will let me go on a two week vacation again. My seatmate from the US on the flight two weeks earlier lived in this area - he said it is usual for the locals to bring these chocolates as a host gift. Also they routinely cut them into pieces. This was so wonderful to know - it allows you to taste more different kinds.

My favorite flavor: Calvados