“Tasty” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Puccini Bomboni

Puccini Bomboni
Staalstraat 17 | Oudekerksplein 17, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)
020-6265472
Neighborhood: Binnenstad
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Popped in here for a snack as it was raining. The cakes were lovely. A good selection. I wasn't happy with my smoothie as there was too much yogurt in it, this is a personal choice. The lemon tart was excellent.

Tampa, Florida
“Really Great Food, Poor Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Visited Puccini for a late breakfast based on its mention in Frommers. It's a great location in short walking distance to Rembrandt Huis. I should mention that there are two separate (and I was told unaffiliated) shops here named Puccini - the Chocolatier, and the Café. I went to both.
The Chocolatier - simply a magical little place. They create art with chocolate, and these chocolates are delicious! The Chocolatier gets 5 stars from me!
The Café - some of the best coffee I've ever had, and the food was fresh and excellent, however, the service was not. I could have cut them some slack, given that one of the servers was also the one preparing the food. However, the restaurant was nearly empty, and the servers were reading the paper and eating food they prepared for themselves while I waited and waited for service. I'd go back because the food was so good, but I'd be more assertive about my expectations of them next time. The service at the Café is the only thing bringing my score of this place to 4 stars instead of 5.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh
“Great lunch place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our lunch at Puccini and was definately the best lunch of our 3 days in Amsterdam. I had veggie ciabatta and my husband had chicken version and we both thought they were excellent quality and bursting with flavour. Puccini is not cheap but then Amsterdam overall is pretty expensive and feel at least here you are getting a really excellent sandwich for your money, I would recommend to others.
We also tried a couple of the chocolates from their shop next door and thought these were very good also.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape Town
“Wonderful selection but the assistant did not wear gloves when handling the chocolates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I discovered this chocolate shop on a previous trip to Amsterdam , and loved the selection of chocolates with interesting float ours like lemon grass , pepper and tea to name but a few. I went to the smaller of their stores on my current to visit to Amsterdam to get my chocolate fix. I was not disappointed. The shop was very busy and there was only one shop assistant so you had to wait a while to get served. The one thing that put me off was that the assistant did not put on a glove while handling the chocolates. This was a bit off-putting as she also handled the change out of the cash register. The chocolates however did not disappoint.

nyc
“UNREAL!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Best chocolate in Amsterdam, completely worthy of being compared to anything Begian! AMAZING artisan chocolate- yup price- but worth the taste!

• 5 of 5 stars Food