“Unique Setting and Excellent Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

020-462-4562
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 2,627 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Toronto
“Unique Setting and Excellent Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

3 course set price meal with perfect wine pairings. We had venison with lingonberries and smoked mashed potatoes as a main. The staff were exceptionally nice and attentive.

Visited December 2013

• Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Cool spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I visited this restaurant during my trip to Amsterdam and I must say it was one of the coolest spots I have ever been. The food had an idea and tasted great. The service was very good and knowledgeable. I loved the open space and attached greenhouse, through which you can walk and check on their vegetables. even though it is a little far from the center it is really worth the trip.

• Visited June 2013
San Francisco
“An Remarkable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you can only reserve one restaurant in Amsterdam, make it this one. De Kas, situated in an revamped nursery, was a destination to see as well as taste. We were hesitant to take public transportation so far out of town...super clean and fun. We were nervous about the single choice for dinner...delectable. The waiters were fun and the hostess came by several times to make sure everything was perfect. Our food was fresh, hot, (or cold) and tasty. The atmosphere was bright, clean, and sparkly. Coming from California, fresh, local food is expected. Don't forget to take an apple at the door on your way out...it was the perfect ending.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic night out ... so tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I were in Amsterdam for 4 nights, and a friend recommended this place - its found in an old greenhouse that has been converted to a restaurant. It was lovely.

We took the tram there, but on our walk in, we couldn't help but be impressed by the modern feel of the place. You pass the "garden" as you walk in (alas in November there wasn't much growing, but they later told us its usually full!)

The front of house staff were really nice and warmly welcomed us, taking our jackets and then walking us through the main "atrium" to our table. It was very nice looking.

We had the prix fixe menu which included several plates (four in total I believe, including cheese/dessert), and the accompanying wine tasters. The food was delicious! So fresh and local (the staff explained everything comes from their local greenhouse when able).

The price was high, but we both agreed it was reflected in the quality and portions of the various plates.

All in all, highly recommended!

• Visited November 2013
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Great service nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've been here with a couple of business partners tonight and I must say we were pleasantly surprised with the great service. I rarely see such attention towards the dining customers. Most restaurants you really have to initiate contact with the serving personnel but here they were ahead of us each time.

Food was nice and all organic made in their own greenhouse. It was nice but not mind blowing. I will go here again with my wife just because she loves biological food.