“Pleasant Veggie Cafe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of De Bolhoed

De Bolhoed
Prinsengracht 60-62, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020-626 1803
Neighborhood: Jordaan
nottingham
“Pleasant Veggie Cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had just arrived in Amsterdam having stayed in Belgium, which is the destination country for veggies and vegans. The Netherlands is not so accommodating. the receptionist at our hotel recommended this place from personal experience and it was a good choice. located in an attractive spot alongside the canals, it was initially tricky to locate as the frontage is low key.The menu contains some interesting choices . I had mozzarella and red pesto toasties with salad. My wife had hummus in pitta bread again with a side salad. very nice. It is not cheap and the service can be haphazard but in a city not primed for veggies its worth a visit.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I'm a solo traveller and often find it difficult to find restaurants that are welcoming to us single folk, so was pleased to be made welcome by the staff here.

The food was excellent although I couldn't eat all of it, I went for a delicious vegetarian casserole topped with cheese. It came with a salad too but by that point I was struggling to finish the salad, which was a shame as I had enjoyed the casserole.

The waitress was very open to recommending me drinks and dessert and was very pleased with the results.

Visited July 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Bad Attidude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I went to this veggie cafe solo as the party i was wifh are not veggies, when i got there it was half sull with a couple of reserved signs on some tables but at least half a dozen empty 2 seater tables.

I asked for a men at the bar and got one but then when the waiter discovered I was a party of one he told me he was " too busy"

Easy enough to get a nice meal just the other side of the canal but irritating nonetheless

Visited July 2014
“Excellent lunch. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stumbled across this restaurant on our stroll. We had a mixed salad which had plenty of variety - beetroot and squash, lentils, cous cous pesto and greens. This was followed by a lovely mocha tart. Friendly staff and a quirky inside decor gave a great atmosphere.

Miami, Florida
“Delicious Vegan Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The food is really good if you're looking for vegan/vegetarian food. I had the vegan platter of the day with pumpkin rice, beans & avocado, coconut tofu, etc. My friend had the enchiladas and my other friend had a blue cheese lasagna. Portions are big - I couldn't finish it all. The atmosphere is sweet and the two elderly owners run the restaurant. I definitely recommend this restaurant, but I don't recommend their desserts. I have had great vegan desserts in the past, and the three I tried here were pretty horrible. The brownie and cookie tasted like cardboard and their non-vegan banana pudding was mediocre. Definitely check it out, but have dessert elsewhere.

• Visited May 2014