“"must visit when you go to amsterdam"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of De Bolhoed

De Bolhoed
Prinsengracht 60-62, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)
020-626 1803
Improve this listing
Ranked #733 of 2,444 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Jordaan
London, United Kingdom
“"must visit when you go to amsterdam"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

came here for lunch with my partner. My partner lived in amsterdam for a few years so he knows where's the best place to dine, this one is his favorite and i have to agree, its one of the best vegetarian restaurants ive tried. Im not a vegetarian but i can easily to convert to one if this place is just local to me.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“An excellent meal with two young kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We arrived in Amsterdam this afternoon, and this evening enjoyed a lovely, relaxed meal at De Bolhoed. Our waiter nicely suggested that we not order as much as we first decided on as the portions were very large. Our young children found the atmosphere welcoming and the food delicious. We enjoyed the vegan dish of the day, the enchilladas, and some yummy mushroom pate. Cash only was to be expected and our total bill for four ran about 60 euros. A nice place, good food and worth a visit. August 2012.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding veggie in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our family enjoyed an excellent vegetarian meal at this restaurant in central Amsterdam. The choices were interesting and included some vegan choices. I had a gluten free meal, although the kitchen does not advertise itself as gluten free. The portions were large and included several sides. The service was slow but cheerful. The location is convenient if you are staying in the western half of the city center, around the corner from the Anne frank house. You need to arrive on the early side as the restaurant makes food for the day and does run out.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ontario, Canada
“Amazing. We ate here every single day of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

WOW! My husband and I are both vegan and ended up eating at De Bolhoed every single day of our one week vacation in Amsterdam! Huge portions, great variety, new items every day, amazing desserts, bohemian atmosphere, friendly guard-kitty, sunny outdoor tables... De Bolhoed is a win-win-win!

It is not super-cheap (vegan dish of the day is about 15 euros I think), but the food is fantastic and would fill us up for the whole day. My husband and I are strictly no-processed-foods, since he is allergic to MSG and many preservatives, so I was thrilled to find a place that makes thoughtful, wholesome, well-rounded meals with real ingredients. If you are vegetarian rather than vegan, the quiche is out of this world!

(ps - We never made a reservation and were always able to get a seat. Service was quick.)

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good Vegan Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Comfortable laid back restaurant. A few vegan options on the menu. I ate seitan which was tasty, but the best part was the vegan strawberry chocolate cake. My omnivore friends liked their food, too.

But beware of pickpockets! My friend got her wallet stolen in the restaurant.

Visited May 2012