“Good location, nice space, wonderful host” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bed and Breakfast Gallery

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bed and Breakfast Gallery
Save Saved
You added Bed and Breakfast Gallery to your Saves list
Roomolenstraat 8, 1015 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #95 of 305 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
nashville
“Good location, nice space, wonderful host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This was the only bed and breakfast place I booked for my 10 day European tour with my college-age daughter who just finished up her semester abroad. We had stayed at hotels in Madrid, Prague, and Munich. This was our final stop and it was perfect. Susan is a wonderful host. She's American which was nice for us, because she could compare Amsterdam places to US places; she understood our preferences. Our room was ample and the split bathrooms (one with a shower and a sink; the other the commode) were handy. On our bedroom "apartment" floor is Susan's kitchen and living room. She provided us with 3 different breakfasts giving us some local flavor; we loved the fruit pancakes! Susan was also great in providing detailed information about restaurants, bike shops, museums, etc. Her place has WIFI, so you can certainly look up stuff too. Although the living room and kitchen can be used by Susan, we didn't have a privacy issue at all. She's a busy lady and as tourists we were out a lot too. We enjoyed picking up some dinner items though and just crashing one or two nights. One does have to walk up the typical narrow, steep stairs that Amsterdam houses have. But what a view we had. Quaint and airy. The place is also easy to find per her directions; just 10 minutes from the Central train station.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was looking for a last minute accomodation and Susan responded quickly with a fantastic offer. It was great coming back to the canal house, and everything about the stay was as great as I remebered from last time - from Franklin's friendly reception, the immaculate state of the house, the outstanding canal view, and of course the great location. Don't bother looking elsewhere, this is the ideal place to stay in Amsterdam.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Winston, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

If you're like me, you've spent weeks looking at hundreds of apartmenst on a dozen different websites trying to find the perfect one. This was our first trip to Amsterdam and I was looking for charm, location and peace of mind with the rental process. I've got to say that Susan, the owner, goes that extra mile and she was the reason I finally selected City Calm 2. I never regretted it for a second.
When we first arrived Susan met us at the apartment with a city map and spent 30 minutes pointing out attractions and some really good restaurants.She gave us information about the city, tipping, bicycle traffic and even made arrangements for a taxi to take us to the airport on departure. On the morning we left she even met us to thank us for the booking. That's everything I was looking for!
Now, as for the apartment....it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Susan has supplied the apartment with everything you could possibly need. I couldn't stop myself from looking out all the windows at buildings I had only seen in magazines. The building is in a quiet residential area, one over from a canal. It was by far my favorite apartment during our 2 week trek through Europe.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I had a wonderful time staying at the B and B Gallery. Susan was so attentive to details, full of information and happy to accommodate her guests in every way. I had some of the most luxurious and restful nights sleeping in her guest bedroom, on one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The breakfasts were delicious and so filling. Susan has wonderful tales to tell and takes a great interest in her guests - you would be lucky to stay here when visiting Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this great B&B for a short weekend trip to Amsterdam after trying to get reservations elsewhere that were fully booked. Susan was friendly and very knowledgeable and the suite where we stayed gave of the feeling of actually living in Amsterdam instead of the impersonal feeling one gets from a hotel. The room is on the small side and the stairs are steep but we did not mind that. The location cannot be beat and the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed twice with a couple of friends at the canal house. Everything abut the stay was top notch, from the ease of booking, warm reception and sparkling cleaniness of the property, to the large and warm rooms, the perfect canalside location smack in the center of town, and the great canal view from the living room windows.
This is better than any hotel stay in Amsterdam can offer, and I highly recommend it. perfect for up to 6 people (there are 3 large bedrooms) and great value for money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I loved the B&B Gallery. The location was perfect (near Central Station and the canals), the apartmentwas well decorated and Susan was a really gracious host. When we visit Amsterdam in the future, we will most definitely stay in B&B Gallery again. Highly recommended! :-)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bed and Breakfast Gallery? Share your experiences!