“Amazing hostess and lovely home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bed and Breakfast Gallery

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Prices are for rooms, adults
Bed and Breakfast Gallery
Save Saved
You added Bed and Breakfast Gallery to your Saves list
Roomolenstraat 8, 1015 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #69 of 307 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing hostess and lovely home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I had a wonderful time staying at the B and B Gallery. Susan was so attentive to details, full of information and happy to accommodate her guests in every way. I had some of the most luxurious and restful nights sleeping in her guest bedroom, on one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The breakfasts were delicious and so filling. Susan has wonderful tales to tell and takes a great interest in her guests - you would be lucky to stay here when visiting Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Business
Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this great B&B for a short weekend trip to Amsterdam after trying to get reservations elsewhere that were fully booked. Susan was friendly and very knowledgeable and the suite where we stayed gave of the feeling of actually living in Amsterdam instead of the impersonal feeling one gets from a hotel. The room is on the small side and the stairs are steep but we did not mind that. The location cannot be beat and the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed twice with a couple of friends at the canal house. Everything abut the stay was top notch, from the ease of booking, warm reception and sparkling cleaniness of the property, to the large and warm rooms, the perfect canalside location smack in the center of town, and the great canal view from the living room windows.
This is better than any hotel stay in Amsterdam can offer, and I highly recommend it. perfect for up to 6 people (there are 3 large bedrooms) and great value for money.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My husband and I loved the B&B Gallery. The location was perfect (near Central Station and the canals), the apartmentwas well decorated and Susan was a really gracious host. When we visit Amsterdam in the future, we will most definitely stay in B&B Gallery again. Highly recommended! :-)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the Canalside Charm apartment run by the Bed and Breakfast Gallery for a long weekend in August 2011. It is in an amazing location in the "Nine Streets" area... walking distance to everything! We got there easily by train and then tram from the airport with great directions from BNB. The apartment is spacious and provides a lot of home away from home comfort with little things already on hand such as coffee, sugar, butter, and other condiments/spices/etc. and it is in easy walking distance to a grocery store if you need anything else. I was concerned about the "open" bathroom floor plan, but it was not an issue at all. It is self-contained enough with a big curtain to close things off and it does not make the whole room humid after a shower which was my concern. One thing of note is that the apartment is located above a cafe which can be noisy at times, but is only open for lunch and breakfast so it was not really a problem for us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed at the B&B Gallery after not being able to book at the Boogard B&B. Susan, who runs the B&B, has a good business model in having Peter Boogard recommended her B&B to the customers he cannot book into his place. The B&B Gallery is a short walk from the train station, and Susun gives very thorough directions so there’s no way to get lost. It is also a short walk to anywhere you might want to go. We easily walked to the Anne Frank House from there. By the way, a side note: get a reservation to the Anne Frank House online before you go!! We did this and waltzed right into the museum, despite the extremely long and slow-moving line! Anyway, we stayed in the double room that is attached to the living room and the kitchen and has a toilet and a shower just outside the door to the bedroom. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, and I think I can safely say that out of all the beds I slept on over a month in Europe, the one at the B&B was the most comfortable. I can also say that I got the best breakfast out of all the places I stayed in Europe as well! On the first morning, Susan cooked us Dutch pancakes, and she had an incredible spread of stuffings and toppings for our pancakes! It was fantastic!! Susan sipped her coffee in the living room and chatted with us as we ate. I’m so used to B&B hosts bringing you your food and leaving you be, but it was nice to chat with her in the morning. After all, this is her house! When we arrived she gave us a map and pointed out multiple restaurants and such for us to eat at. All her recommendations were excellent. We often felt as if even though we only had this one room to ourselves that we kind of had this little flat. From 9PM to 9AM, the flat was ours, and we felt at home. Susan also made sure that despite the fact that we had to leave at 5:15 AM the day we left, she left us bread, meat, cheese, and fruit for breakfast in the fridge. She also made sure to come down the night before to wish us a safe journey home. Overall, I would pass along the name to anyone staying in Amsterdam. Excellent location, food, service, and accommodations!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

We really enjoyed our weekend in Amsterdam at the B&B Gallery. It's in such a good location, near the train station, but in a quiet street in amongst the canals. Our room was light and airy and the bed was very comfortable. Susan cooked delicious breakfasts for us and it felt like you were staying at a friend's place. We've been to Amsterdam before but will definitely stay here again next time.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Bed and Breakfast Gallery? Share your experiences!