“Fantastic tour - ends with free cocktails” 5 of 5 stars
Review of House of Bols Cocktail & Genever Experience

House of Bols Cocktail & Genever Experience
Paulus Potterstraat 14, 1071 CZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)
+31205708575
I amsterdam Card - City Pass for Amsterdam
Ranked #51 of 332 Activities in Amsterdam
Type: Classes/Workshops, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The House of Bols Cocktail & Genever Experience (located opposite the Van Gogh Museum) offers a truly interactive experience into the world of cocktails and the exciting bartending culture, as well as a glimpse into the history of the world's oldest distilled brand: Bols Amsterdam 1575. A visit to the House of Bols is a spectacular journey for all your senses in which you learn how to taste a delicious cocktail of your choice.
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Fantastic tour - ends with free cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a fantastic afternoon of entertainment in Amsterdam. Perhaps even better than the more famous Heineken Museum.
The tour is very interesting and interactive - they have the scents of every single Bols flavour you can skirt and identify.

At the end of the tour they share Bols cocktail recipes with you, and you can take little recipe cards home. You also get two free cocktails included in with the price of the entrance ticket - delicious! The bartenders were incredibly friendly and talked us through the cocktails we had chosen.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
netherlands
“For all those who like to mix it up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Tasting the Dutch Genever and getting to know about the bols range of liqueurs is part of getting to know the Dutch history. Being a cocktail enthusiast, for me its a fun place to visit. Going beyond the 30+ variety of liqueurs this place has different creative workshops, theme party ideas to offer- not to mention that one gets inspired to mix up diff ingredients to create one's own brand of cocktail. I visited this place once and then went back again taking some friends for a birthday evening out. I am sure I am going to go back again. The staff is super friendly and prices are reasonable.

Visited March 2014
Wells, Somerset
8 attraction reviews
“Great Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Brilliant was one of the first things we told everyone about. Bar staff were friendly and good chatting to find a couple of places to go and see. Interactive and great fun highly recommend!!!

Visited January 2014
Moscow, Russia
39 attraction reviews
“interactive and tasting experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Personally I enjoyed this place a lot. First of all, it offers a variety of expositions, though not that big but I actually liked it - you don't have to spend hours and hours there, there are several small halls presenting different collections, and a hall with smelling experience - you are to guess which liquor you smell, it's fun! At the end of the exposition we were invited to try a cocktail and several varieties of liquors or genevers. The whole experience took us about an hour or an hour and a half which is not a bad thing. I learnt a lot about Bols and tried their products, I didn't expect anything more. I should pay special attention to the design of the venue - very modern and fun, we made many unusual photos there. If you have time and interested in liquors and cocktails, this place is for you.

Visited January 2014
Sutton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Good fun and very tastey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We visited the bols experience at the beggining of March. We were lucky that we had the place to ourselves. We enjoyed the interactive smelly bit.

We chose our cocktails, me a strawberry cheesecake and my hubby the honey toberlerone. Wow, they were both amazing! You then get two shots of your choice. The staff were very knowledgable. My husband did the slurping, which was funny.

We also visited the shop after and bought a few items from there.

Great fun!!