“Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #195 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Brilliant Brilliant Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Just stayed here for the weekend before Christmas with my girlfriend and cant have any complaint what so ever.

I honestly cannot see a reason why a bad review can be left for this place. Firstly the location of the hotel is spot on, a few minutes walk from the leidseplein but far enough to be nice and quiet on a night.

Every staff member that i came across during my stay was professional, helpful and most importantly friendly and were a credit to the hotel. The breakfast was perfect just what we needed to start the day from bread meats and cheeses to cereals and yogurt, there was plenty of everything and stuff was still been cooked at 10am fresh.

Yes the room was on the small side but your in Amsterdam how much time do you need to spend in the room it was plenty big enough for the two of us and our cases, there is plenty of advice on entry that if you want more floor space you can upgrade your room for a small price. The room was spotless and cleaned and straightened up during the day for us. Check in and check out was smooth and efficient the free wifi was quick and easy to set up and we had enough tv channels. Bed were comfy and bed linen was spotless along with the towels.

The only thing that i would change would be the fridge, it was stacked with stuff for the 'mini bar' leaving no room for our own things from shops which were 1/4 of the price of the items in the fridge and we didn't want to move the things from it for ours in case of been automatically charged, but not a complaint just a suggestion :)

Overall a brilliant weekend and people need to realize this is a 3 star hotel and not the ritz and for what i paid i would happily stay there again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Sir/Madam,

Wauw! This is the kind of review that puts a smile on my face.

What a compliment you were over the moon with our hotel. As the General Manager of the Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel I am proud to have such dedicated team members, I will share your comments with all of them. I am delighted to read that the hotel and the staff have met your expectations.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Gönül Uyanik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed in the hotel for a week & had a good stay.

Since I was by myself, I stayed in a single bedroom on the first floor which was great. I wouldn't recommend it if you were traveling in couples or groups.

Staff were nice, polite & quick to assist. They lent me their plug to charge my iPhone, which I appreciate. Regarding the plug socket in the rooms, if you purchase a global plug converter, make sure it is slim enough to get in because their plugs has a round surrounding that would prevent bigger sized plugs from getting in.

Breakfast is from 7AM to 10AM on weekdays & 7:30AM to 10AM weekends.

The hotel is in a great location! It's just across from the Blue Boat Company which you can book your canal tours, or if you are in Amsterdam until end of December, you can catch the city's annual Light Festival canal tours & still get to go around the canals.
The hotel is also across from Hard Rock Cafe, Bed & Breakfast & there are 2 tram stops just a minute away from the hotel that can take you to Amsterdam Centraal Station.
Next to the hotel and around the corner are: RJKS museum, VanGogh Museum, Stedelijk museum, Vondelpark & Concertgebouw (for concerts, stand up comedies, etc.). There's also a grocery store if you feel like having light meals called Albert Heijn.

If I ever go back to Amsterdam, I would stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Sir/Madam,

Yes, we indeed have the best location of Amsterdam. Next to the Rijksmuseum and just footsteps away from the Van Gogh Museum and the beautiful Vondelpark. It is easy to explore the city by foot starting at our hotel.

We do have several room categories. We do have single (the room you stayed in) – but also twin/double- triple and even a quadruple room. We also do have deluxe rooms available with beautiful views over Amsterdam's famous canals. Single rooms are just for one person. Couples may book a double or a twin (deluxe) room.

With regards to the breakfast I would like to inform you that during the week breakfast is from 7AM until 11 AM and during the weekends from 7.30AM until 11AM.

What a compliment that you would like to stay with us again. We are looking forward to welcome you again so we can assist you in making your journey a success. Again thank you for staying with us and for your wonderful review.

Dibrugarh, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in this hotel. Though the hotel is centrally located but approach is through very lonely street. Ritzvik museum is just across the road. Other tourist attractions are close to the hotel. Metro Station and bus stand to go to Amsterdam Centraal station is 2 minutes walk.
When we checked out from the hotel and came out, we were robbed off our valuables just in front of the hotel. But because of time constraint we had to rush to station and came back to our country and the incident could not be reported.
We are surprised how the robbers can do their activities just in front of the hotel with guests at the checking out time.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.

I find it absolutely awful to hear what happened in front of our hotel. I wish you had a little bit more time upon check out so we could have called the police for you and check our camera images. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so we can check if we can do anything to help you with this. I am so sorry that this happened to you.

Again- please do not hesitate to contact me in person if there is anything I can assist you with.

Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It's a nice hotel - it was within walking distance of all major routes to and from the airport and also all major tourist attractions. It was a really good location, although our room was basic and had a bizarre bathroom.

It had free WiFi which was good, as well as having a good TV with decent reception and channel choices.

Although, we never sampled any of the hotel food as €10 for breakfast is a bit expensive for what it was - there was a nice bagel shop around the corner which was much cheaper.

The hotel also took a €150 deposit at the start which wasn't expected, as we had already paid for the room.

Overall, it was a fine stay at a good hotel.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor to share your experience in our hotel with the rest of the world.

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us. I'm delighted to read your positive comments on Tripadvisor.

With regards to the deposit I can inform you that we always ask a credit card or cash deposit upon arrival to guarantee incidental costs like bar and restaurant. We have this policy, like most hotels, in place to allow guests to charge incidentals to their room and to avoid that guests leave without paying their invoice. Unfortunately this happens a lot without this policy.

I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel upon a future visit to Amsterdam.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here with my girlfriend and we loved the hotel. From the moment we entered the hotel we were met with friendly and helpful staff. The location is good and is pretty quiet. We will stay here again the next time we are in Amsterdam. The only negative is that we had a view of the lift from our room....but you can't have everything!!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time writing a review. What a compliment you were over the moon with our hotel. We are always happy to help you with all your questions and requests during your stay, we are glad you have enjoyed the service from our staff.

Just for your information: our deluxe rooms have beautiful views over Amsterdam's famous canals.

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very comfortable stay in good central location. very helpful staff. when the safe in the room failed to lock, they moved us to a superior room. good breakfast selection. only negative was the price for sweets/drinks from machine in lobby.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Sir/Madam,

I really enjoyed reading your feedback about your stay. Thank you for all your kind words and positive feedback. I will make sure that the entire team will be informed about this.

Please do come and visit us again in the near future.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the hotel to stay if you want to know Amsterdam on foot. Really close to a lot of points of interest in the city, including bars and restaurants, and next to tram station that can take you anywhere.

The hotel is comfortable: room and bathroom are renewed in an old and charming building. The hotel offers breakfast. Even though I did't have a chance to try it.

The staff spoke English and I didn't see any sympathy there, but I got all services that a needed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

It is our passion to combine the best facilities with great service in order to make successful and memorable stays possible for our guests. Please, if you do have any feedback for me about the staff do not hesitate to contact me directly.

We definitely hope to welcome you back in our hotel so we can assist you again in making your journey a success.

Gönül Uyanik

Been to Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!