“Very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel

Save Saved
You added Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel to your Saves list
Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P C Hooftstraat 2, 1071BX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #196 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Very good hotel. Staff really helpful. The rooms are small and not helpful if you have big luggage. Really bad pillows. Has air conditioning. Very new and fresh. Really early checkout at 11h and has a 10 euro fine per hour is you stay in your room. Besides that, very clean and cozy. They have a printer next to the guest computer that helped me plan some of my reservations for the trip. I would/will come back and recommend to my friends, thought.

GonulUyanik, General Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay in the Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel.

Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay; I will share your kind words with the reception staff.

I am genuinely sorry to learn that you did not like the pillows that we provided in the room. I would like to encourage you to write me directly about what exactly your inconvience was with the pillows because we are always trying to improve our service and facilities.

Please do come and visit us again in the near future.

Gönül Uyanik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Boulder City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Near city center & museum quarter, room was clean, very small, but quiet. staff was helpful, breakfast is extra, it is a buffet, but pretty comprehensive. coffee and juice free to guests. If you need a reasonably priced hotel, consider this place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for posting this review on Tripadvisor. Your comments are of great importance and will help us in our efforts to continuously improve the standards you may expect.

I am sorry to hear that you describe your room as small and I would like to apologize for any inconvience. We do have several room categories and unfortunately I cannot see in which room you stayed in. An upgrade to a twin room or a deluxe room starts already from 10-25 euros extra a night per room.

Thank you again for your review and thank you so much for recommending our hotel to our future guests. We sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Absolutely perfect for us. Amazing friendly, helpful staff. Clean, fresh, new feel about it. Location was across the road from canal boat cruises, paddle boats (canal bikes), hard rock cafe, and lots more.

Beds were super comfy. Air conditioned. We had a Quiet & Very Spacious Room.

Overall we were very pleased with this hotel. We spent a month in European hotels, this was the last one we stayed in and it was the best.

Room Tip: We were on the noisy side but in the room it was silently quiet. Just ask the staff for what you wan...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,

It is our passion to combine the best facilities (we recentely renewed our beds- so I am very happy to read that you liked them) with great service in order to make successful and memorable stays possible for our guests. Thank you again for confirming that we succeeded in that.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel is perfectly positioned for Rijksmuseum (2 minutes away), canal cruises (just across the road), the City Tour Bus stops just a few yards away, meaning it's perfect to get around. You can purchase a 24 / 48 hour ticket and spend the day just hopping on and off at all the major tourist spots knowing you can get back to your hotel easily. About a hundred Restuarants are just a few minutes away, Italian, Irish, Chinese, Indian, Thai. Argentinian (?), Japanese, Mexican, and every one of them has someone trying hard to entice you in. So position is great.
The hotel is everything a tourist would need really, (the bar isn't really used as a bar, but there's a couple just across the road, anyway, so it's not a problem) It's spotlessly clean, the rooms are well proportioned, and the beds comfortable, The bathroom can be a bit awkward in a sitting position, but if you apply a bit of thought to the problem, it's fine. The staff are really very good and patient, and the self service, cold breakfast buffet is excellent.
All in all a really good choice in Amsterdam. No one should have a problem in choosing this hotel, and should disregard any negatives they might read.

Room Tip: I suppose you get what you pay for. Obviously, suites would be better than doubles, but our double w...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for granting us the maximum score. That's a very generous gesture!
Thank you for pointing out our great location. To be precize for our future guests; we are right next to the Rijksmuseum and located in Amsterdam's well known fashion shopping street, the P.C. Hooftstraat. We are also just a footstep away from the Van Gogh Museum and the beautiful Vondel Park. There are a lot of good restaurants close by, but I think you are referring to the Leidseplein, the famous square with a lot of bars and restaurants.

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed our service provided by the employees, one of our main focus points in our hotel.I will definitely share your lovely comment with the entire staff.

We definitely hope to welcome you back in our hotel so we can assist you again in making your journey a success.

Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I think the Apollo Museum Hotel gets its name because it is just a few steps away from the Rijksmuseum and other important ones, like the Van Gogh. Not only that, but also very close to Leidseplein - where there are restaurants, bars, and plenty of people. Also many trams stop there, making it easy to travel around the city. You can also take a boat tour on Amsterdam's canals from tour companies located a few yards from the hotel. So location is a very positive point.

Before booking a room at the hotel, I've checked the comments here at Tripadvisor, and notice how many complained about the room size. But there were also many good reviews about the hotel. Exploring the room options a little more, I've booked a Deluxe Room, which proved a very good decision: a got a clean room with 3 big windows overlooking the canal and the Rijksmuseum, comfortable for two people and with a nice bathroom (also with its own window).

Breakfast is not included, and costs around EU$ 12. Tried once, was good. Hotel staff are courteous. I had to leave early to the airport on my last day in Amsterdam. The hotel booked me a taxi with a reasonable price (EU$ 36).

Would stay again at the Apollo Museum Hotel.

Room Tip: Check the rates for larger rooms (Deluxe is a good option), and do ask for a room overlooking the ca...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us. I'm delighted to read your positive comments on Tripadvisor and thank you for the great information for our (future) guests.

We do have several room categories and all of our deluxe rooms have great views over Amsterdam. Just for your- and our future guests'- information I would like to mention that it is possible to ask for an upgrade to a deluxe room upon arrival for only 25 euros extra a night (depends on availability)

I am glad that you liked our continental breakfast buffet. I am happy to let you know that if you book breakfast in advance- we can give you a discount of 2 euros per person so you only pay 10 euros and 50 cents for the buffet. If you would like to book that- please just come up to the front desk and we will arrange it for you.

Once again thank you for your review and we absolutely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again. We will do our utmost to make your stay memorable in a positive manner.

Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

A great stay nearby the famous Riksmuseum - just a few meters to go to the museum square in a quiet small road you can appreciate the Best Western Apollo Hotel. Clean and just spacious rooms as necessary for a weekend. Use the breakfast buffet opportunity in the morning. There is plenty connection to centre of Amsterdam by foot, bus, tram and boat on one of the Amsterdam "Grachten". A boat jetty is in front of the hotel. It is easy to go to the Amsterdam RAI congress centrum.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just read your review of your stay in our hotel and would like to thank you for your kind and enthusiastic words. We are very happy to get 5 out of 5.
Thank you very much for pointing out our great location, there is so much to explore in the city of Amsterdam.
It was great to read that you found our hotel to be perfect for your needs. That is actually more than we could hope for. Thank you very much for writing the review. We really appreciate it.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel had a good front desk service, and a good location to visit the Rijksmuseum and to get the Sightseeing Bus service. The property looked dark, old and worn, including the room which had a private bathroom. The room was comfortable but had a continuous, low buzzing noise coming from a device in the ceiling that looked as part of the AC.

The breakfast had the average cold and hot food. A luggage room was available with security tagging and identification.

Overall our experience at this hotel was very good. We would come back to the hotel but not to this city. Overall, we did not like Amsterdam: too many people in bicycles competing for space against pedestrians and motor vehicles, and too much marijuana smoke in the streets; at least around the museum and hotel area.

Room Tip: Our room was at a top floor facing the street. We did not hear any disturbing noises. The view was...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GonulUyanik, General Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am very glad to read that you liked the position of the hotel and I will share your lovely comment about our front desk staff definitely with the entire team.

I am really sorry to hear about the noise in your room. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will share your remarks in our management team and will take steps to make improvements. I do offer my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

It is unfortunate that you did not like Amsterdam. Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future to one of our other hotels and resorts.

Gönül Uyanik

Been to Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!