“Fedoseeva Marina” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Best Western Rewards Rate
Ranked #209 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

It's 4 weeks since we stayed at the Apollo Museum and this review is long overdue. I chose the hotel because of its location and had modest expectations but thanks to the attention and consideration of the reception staff these were well surpassed. I accept most rooms in this hotel are small - but believe this is reflected in the reasonable tariffs for such a prime location. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded on arrival to a sizeable room with 3 beds on the ground floor thanks to Hans' kind intervention. Hans also gave my colleague valuable and accurate airport travel information over the telephone when called prior to our departure. Luis responded promptly and efficiently in dealing with a problem with the door seal of our drinks cooler. Many hotels in this price category and above will charge exorbitantly for wi-fi access but here it is complimentary. The glass bathroom door was indeed something of a novelty - it seems to have been hung in reverse allowing a clear line of vision from outside in while reflecting from the inside the image of the person within the bathroom. Our bedding was spotless. We were blessed with glorious weather and exploited our choice location to the full! Thanks again to our attentive friendly and hospitable hosts!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Shakir, S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I will accept your compliments on behalf of my team members, who I know to be constantly seeking to make every guest feel at home.

In addition we would like to express our gratitude for complementing our staff. It is our passion to deliver the best possible service every day again and guest compliments are the best motivation to strive to improve continuously.

Once more, thank you for taking the time to write about us.

Serendipitymaybe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I decided to make reservations for two rooms for 6 nights, 4/9-15/14, at the Apollo Hotel because of the reputation of Best Western hotels in the United States. When we arrived from our overnight flight we were greeted with a big smile and told we were important clients because we were staying six nights. Wrong! I was given a room, 112, where the sink bumped up against the front of the toilet. One night of side saddle would have been fine (I have been to 40+ countries in the last 10 years and have never had such an issue), but not for 6 nights. When I told the front desk, they told me they were full and they could move me the following day. The next day, I checked my bags in the AM and, after check-in time, moved into my new room, 038. I later learned my friend in room two had an upgrade and I had a basic room. The following morning I noticed I was itching my leg. It wasn't until that evening that I noticed the ants in my bed!!!! I walked out to the front desk (1am) ants in a tissue and showed them the bites on my legs and told them I was also itching on my back. The female clerk took a picture of my leg and took the ants and made arrangements to have my bedding changed. Because the sheets/coverlet did not fit my bed, they changed the bedding a second time. I gave the front desk my business card so that they knew I was a responsible citizen. I also asked if they would inform the manager about this. Despite sending a written complaint to the hotel and best Western, I have not heard a word from any on. They don't care!!! Don't go or check your bed!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We booked thru booking.com on 9/1/14. A party of 3 couples. Our monies were taken promptly and we thought there would be no problems.

On arrival at approx 2100 hrs after our evening flight from Edinburgh, on a busy Easter Holiday. We were hungry and just wanted to check in and go out to eat.

We were told there was a problem and the hotel was overbooked. We were assured that we would be upgraded to their sister hotel 4 star Ramada Apollo.

We complained that the reason for booking the Best Western was its location to the City Centre and that the hotel Ramada accommodation would mean travel in and out of the city each day.

2 very cheeky receptionists were on duty and one advised that we should be lucky we are not on the street tonight. We really weren't in the mood for this treatment and asked for a manager to come and speak to us.

We were then told that there was no manager on duty. The manager had been on day duty and could not be disturbed. The extent of staff on duty was 2 receptionists and 1 barman.

We would not recommend this hotel due to very poor customer service and lack of management to speak about dissatisfaction.

Totally unprofessional on every level.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear,

First we would like to thank you for taking the time to write me in person after your recent stay in Amsterdam. We value every comment we receive, and will use it as a way to improve our service and product.

I would like to apologize we could not honor your reservation at the time of your check-in. I can assure you that it is not our policy to accept more reservations than rooms we have.

I can assure you that I have spoken severely about this with the team and understand that more coaching and training on the job is needed to provide a lack of professional service. Thank you for drawing your concerns to our attention as such feedback enables us to improve the quality of our facilities and service we provide.

I am glad we were able to work something out with direct contact.

Assuring you our best intentions at all times, we remain,

Yours sincerely,

Front Office Manager
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have become quite used to small hotel rooms in Europe, but this was far beyond small. The bathroom was immediately on the left as you entered, complete with glass walls as mentioned by others. I actually thought it was quite nice, but that's where my pleasure ended.

The room was unbelievably small, with a bed filling the space, a closet against a wall and a small desk. Nothing else, no room to move around, and no place for luggage. Not even a luggage stand available, or room to unfold one.

There are no amenities in the room. Forget a microwave, fridge, coffee service, etc. There isn't even a light for the desk.

My room had a view of the courtyard.

Service was great most of the time. My flight arrived far earlier than expected, and I was able to store my luggage and head off to a restaurant for breakfast. There was a room ready for me at 11:00AM, which might explain why I got stuck with this one.

Breakfast is definitely not worth the expense. The only hot item is eggs, everything else is cold and uninteresting. There are better options outside.

Unfortunately, Best Western membership status does not extend to European hotels, so I'll be sticking with IHG in the future.

The location was great, but otherwise this was a major disappointment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
cambridgeshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We checked into this hotel as it's location to the centre and various attractions is very good. However the first room we were shown to, or should I say cupboard, as it was very small, we had to be moved from as the bed had no mattress protector on it and the mattress itself was so covered in bed balls due to this that the clean sheet upon it couldn't conceal them. We were then upgraded.....to a room which was not in the main hotel but along the road and up some steep steps minus a handrail, on entering we were faced with a very ladder like stairway and if we're were frail in any way this would have been totally unacceptable. The room we were offered had twin beds unlike the previous one which had a double, on checking the bedding we had to have housekeeping completely come in and clean the room and change the bedding as there were stains and hair etc. There was no tea making facility only a senseo coffee machine which even when used for hot water made everything taste of coffee. The bathrooms were small and attractive but if you were anything other than slim you could get wedged between the shower door and toilet roll holder. The young lady on the reception was the only redeeming thing as the gentlemen who worked on the front desk were rather unfriendly and opinionated, especially towards English people who liked milk and not creamer in their tea. Good location and acceptable when the corrections were made. Would we stay again......NO

Stayed April 2014
Barrow-in-Furness
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Me and my friend won a competition to visit Amsterdam and this hotel was picked. Obviously not having your own choice means you have no clue what to expect. What a lovely surprise this hotel was. It is right in the museum district, so if museums are your thing it is perfect! It is also as close to one of the canals as you can get, which meant we had no struggle to locate a canal boat cruise. Also very nearby is a supermarket, an "I AMSTERDAM" statue/sign, the hard rock cafe, vondelpark, club paradiso and an irish pub.
The hotel itself is very nice and quite posh. The staff were SOOO friendly! Not being able to speak a foreign language is always a problem, but the staff spoke perfect english and were really really helpful, they solved every query we had. We didn't eat there so I cannot comment on food. However, we bought snacks and drinks out of a fridge in the reception, The room itself was modern and had everything that we needed for the one night stay.
Overall, I enjoyed staying in this hotel. But the staff made it particularly special.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear,

Thank you for taking the time writing a review. What a compliment you were over the moon with our hotel. We are always happy to help you with all your questions and requests during your stay, we are glad you have enjoyed the service from our staff.

Yours sincerely,
Front Office Manager

Been to Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!