“lovely hotel, helpful and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel

Save Saved
You added Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel to your Saves list
Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P C Hooftstraat 2, 1071BX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #196 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel, helpful and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel rooms were clean and fresh and lots of room. The hotel staff were really friendly and helpfully showed us how to get around the city. Would stay again as is also reasonably priced. Good location too.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

overall its a nice hotel.. the setting is nice and close to the city by bike. the bed are comfortable. I would stay there aain anytime
Please note that the toilet door are see-through (glass) not that romantic ..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location Central to all culture. Staff friendly and fully explained the deposit. Room small but very clean and very comfortable. Will cat only come back and would recommend this hotel to anyone. One of the best city break hotels I have stayed in.....

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
cumbria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We got a good deal on this hotel and it was well worth it. Asked for a quiet room and was given one on the 4th floor, away from traffic. It was quiet except that there was a rumbling noise, a bit like a washing machine. It must have been some kind of motor running something, possibly the heating, because sometimes we could hear it and sometimes we couldn't. The room was very small and so was the bathroom but we aren't big so it was no problem. We had a double room and it was not two beds pushed together. It was also nice and clean. There is a kettle and the usual sachets, there was a hairdryer in the bathroom drawer, and also shower gel and liquid soap.
The hotel is virtually next door to the Rijks museum. The hotel is kind of the opposite side of the city to Central station with Dam square being en route slightly nearer to the station..
We got a shuttle bus from the airport which took us directly to the hotel. It cost 17 euros and for a return was 28. You do not need to book in advance, they are just outside the airport. However, the train station is also in the airport and this only costs 4 euros. It's just the distance from Central Station to the hotel is probably about 30 minutes walk and that's assuming you know where you are going! There are also trams running regularly but we did not use them and I'm not sure how close the nearest tram stop was to the hotel.
Also just round the corner from the hotel is Blue cruises for a canal cruise. We did not go on this but it is very handy if that is what you are planning and I noticed it had a good star rating in the window for trip advisor.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel has a great location for just about everywhere to go in the city centre, good access to bars and restaurants too. The rooms are tiny (especially the subterranean rooms), but they are clean and have all of the required facilities, also when we went they were excellent value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chesham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Fantastic location within walking distance of the Rijks Museum. Tiny room with two small beds pushed together, would have preferred the double we requested. Bathroom tiny but clean. No idea what the deposit was for as we had paid in advance. Very unpleasant having to walk through the taxi drivers smoking at the bottom of the entrance steps to get into the hotel. However the hotel was very cheap and we spent very little time in the room so it was fine. If location is what matters and you only plan to use the room to sleep in then it is fine.

Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed at your hotel with 11.03.2014 on 16.03.2014 in room 201.
When checking out of the hotel, I accidentally left my Smartphone Nokia on the Desk in the room. When we left the room with things, maid saw us, because she finished clean the room.
When I discovered the loss of the phone, I tried to call your number, but he was already out of network coverage.
I went back to the hotel, since our departure from the hotel was no more than 30-35 minutes. I went up into the room, he was already removed. I turned to the maid who was removed the next room with a question about my phone. She denied that found it, but in that short period between our departure and my return to the room was very little time and no one to go in our room could not. Unfortunately, I could not continue the search further, because my train to Dusseldorf went through 35 minutes and my husband was waiting for me at the station.
I have previously read a review of tourists who left in your hotel room the jacket, but to them it has not returned because the maid also said that she found nothing.
I never have seen such outrageous case of theft of another word I can not find, since found the phone was not transferred to the reception, especially in the hotel, within the system of the hotels Best Western
The impression about the hotel spoiled forever. I will write about this outrageous case at all sites where tourists can leave their comments so they know that you are dishonest people. It is a pity that such unscrupulous workers cast a shadow on all the staff at your hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!