“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #195 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Chesham, England, United Kingdom
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Fantastic location within walking distance of the Rijks Museum. Tiny room with two small beds pushed together, would have preferred the double we requested. Bathroom tiny but clean. No idea what the deposit was for as we had paid in advance. Very unpleasant having to walk through the taxi drivers smoking at the bottom of the entrance steps to get into the hotel. However the hotel was very cheap and we spent very little time in the room so it was fine. If location is what matters and you only plan to use the room to sleep in then it is fine.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed at your hotel with 11.03.2014 on 16.03.2014 in room 201.
When checking out of the hotel, I accidentally left my Smartphone Nokia on the Desk in the room. When we left the room with things, maid saw us, because she finished clean the room.
When I discovered the loss of the phone, I tried to call your number, but he was already out of network coverage.
I went back to the hotel, since our departure from the hotel was no more than 30-35 minutes. I went up into the room, he was already removed. I turned to the maid who was removed the next room with a question about my phone. She denied that found it, but in that short period between our departure and my return to the room was very little time and no one to go in our room could not. Unfortunately, I could not continue the search further, because my train to Dusseldorf went through 35 minutes and my husband was waiting for me at the station.
I have previously read a review of tourists who left in your hotel room the jacket, but to them it has not returned because the maid also said that she found nothing.
I never have seen such outrageous case of theft of another word I can not find, since found the phone was not transferred to the reception, especially in the hotel, within the system of the hotels Best Western
The impression about the hotel spoiled forever. I will write about this outrageous case at all sites where tourists can leave their comments so they know that you are dishonest people. It is a pity that such unscrupulous workers cast a shadow on all the staff at your hotel.

Wells, Somerset
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Arrived at hotel after a bit of a nightmare stay so loooking forward to a relax. Well all was well check in then all of a sudden we need 150 euros... Sorry what for? No real explanation we need ot or no room although reassured we would get it back that wasn't the point lucky enough we could cover it not the best start to our stay. After this pointless exercise of trying to understand why we were being charged even though everything had been paid for we went up to our room. The room was tiny we had asked for a double room and we got two beds pushed together not impressed. The "en-suite" quite frankly is a joke I have seen porches bigger than this back home and a see through door?!?! Although we went as a couple there are some things that you don't need to share. The overall cleanliness was pretty good expect for one thing in the bathroom - toilet brush although not something everyone pays attention to you could see this thing a mile off and not just because its there... not overly pleasant!! The television one evening was English and we could catch up on the winter Olympics on a particular cold and rainy evening the next morning no English channels ... great thanks very much. The only upside to this hotel was it was close to a lot of places we wanted to visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Incredibly well located hotel for a visit to Amsterdam, right next to all the museums, step out side to the Canal and boat tour, theres a bus tour stop right out side too. An easy walk to lots of shops and places to eat. Very close to bus/tram stop for access to the rest of the city.
Well maintained hotel, clean, with friendly, helpful staff. The only odd thing, as several people have mentioned, is the glass bathroom doors! :/
We were in a room which could potentially be adjoined with the one next door, which made it a litttle noisy, but this wasnt a big issue for us

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The location is excellent---steps away from the Rijkesmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum. Also a block from the high-end shopping district. Completely safe area. The hotel is very well-maintained, the staff courteous. The morning breakfast buffet is excellent. Our room was very small however, even by European standards; and the bathroom even smaller. We really had to 'coordinate' our movements while in the room, and bathroom use. With that said, we were in the room so little of the time that it hardly matters. I definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Brampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Superb location (very close to museums) and hotel was OK. Rooms were small but clean - novel idea to have a clear bathroom (also very small) door - not sure it was a bonus! Bed was comfortable and whole room was very functional. Staff were helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Buckinghamshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel is situated near a lively district containing all the best bars and restaurants and is also a stone's throw from the museums (as the name suggests). I feel the location is what really sells the hotel though, as the service and room sizes are not that great. However, it is good value for money and you get what you pay for. The rooms are very small but clean; luckily Amsterdam is such a great city, you won't be in your room for long. WARNING - you have to pay €100 upfront on the day of arrival as a sort of deposit. I didn't have a credit card so the money was taken off my debit card then given back to me in euros on the day of check out, this was annoying. Plus the room tax was deducted from this. I'm not sure why the fee was so large - I haven't had this in other hotels.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!