“An enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel

Save Saved
You added Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel to your Saves list
Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P C Hooftstraat 2, 1071BX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museumplein)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #197 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam

1,071 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seville, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hotel very well located (restaurants, bars and a good park for running are quite close).
The room was very small, not very convenient for medium to long stay. The shower was nice, but the bathroom small, as well as beds. WIFI was good.
Breakfast very limited, no gym.
Staff is very professional and kind.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor. Your feedback is much appreciated, only with your honest feedback we are able to make improvements in our hotel. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Hopefully we can meet you again in the future.

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked reservations 8 months in advance of an intended stay. 45 days prior to the visit I had to cancel an entire trip including the hotel. They would not refund the room. They said they had a no cancelation policy. I have never heard of such a policy. I would avoid this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear mr/mrs Gerald,

Thank you very much for taking the opportunity to leave us a review on tripadvisor. I am very disappointed to read that you could not make it to our hotel and that you had a bad experience with your reservation. There are two different reservation policies that we have in our hotel, one of them is the hotdeal. A hotdeal reservation is a non-refundable reservation and is charged immediately at time of booking. A hotdeal reservation is also cheaper than a refundable reservation. You can cancel a refundable reservation up to 24 hours in advance this is called a BAR reservation (Best Available Rate). Please feel free to contact me if you would like me to re-check your reservation, I am more than happy to have a re-look in to this and to explain it to you over the phone.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Clean, good value functional hotel next door to the superb Rijksmuseum. Room was small but right for the price. Location is outside the centre of the Amsterdam but close to the museums and the Vondelpark - we actually decided it was better than more central locations as there was plenty to see and do and the rest of the city was easily accessible by hire bikes (which I recommend doing).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for leaving us a review on tripadvisor, your feedback is very important to us. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam and in our Hotel. The location of the hotel is indeed very practical and close to all the museums, specially the Rijksmuseum. Thank you once again and hopefully we can meet you again in the future.

Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived on Saturday night for the Amsterdam Marathon, I said to my husband I can't find my phone while checking in. As its an iPhone, they let me use the computer to track it, for 3 days looked for the taxi company, downloaded the CCTV at the front of the hotel. We found the driver, the hotel arranged to get the phone after I had flown home, then sent the phone on to me in England. Room was gorgeous, beds comfy, breakfast superb, really good coffee and the good news ran a pb in the Marathon and came 3rd for an older lady. Great location, wonderful staff, if your not staying here your missing out on Amsterdam's best kept secret (I've stayed a lot in Amsterdam) I'll be here again just to say a massive thanks in person. They always say its when things go wrong you know who your friends are, so if you want a great hotel, great location and know you will be safe and looked after stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed at the front, standard room, comfy bed, lovely bathroom great location
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor. I am delighted that you have your Iphone back and that we have been able to help you in this case. I understand it was a hectic start of your stay in our hotel and the situation with your Iphone was not ideal.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you have been able to make the most of your time. I will share your feedback with all the team members and I am looking forward to meet you back again in the future.

Leknes, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in october. The hotel is close to everything, and you can reach everything thats worth doing just by walking.

At first we got a room with a bit of a smell, but it was no problem switching to a new room. The room was fine, no luxuries, but newly redone. No view, but we were onle there to sleep and change clothes.

The breakfast was very plain, and we had much better value walking 5 minutes to one of the many breakfast/lunchrooms nearby.

all in all a very pleasant stay, perfect for our needs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thank for leaving us a review on trip advisor. I am glad you have been able to explore Amsterdam by foot, it`s together with the canal boats the best way to get to know Amsterdam.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay as well in our hotel, especially after you have swapped rooms.
Hopefully we are able to meet you again in the future. Many thanks.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed there three days.
The hotel of budget kind hotel.
Pros:
Breakfast was ok.
Location is great and close to many cafés and restaurants and attraction points.
Team are friendly and helpful.

Cons:
Rooms (single bed) are quite small, you won't like to spend long time in the room.
Reception counter accommodate two customers at a time, so always plan 10-15 min buffer if you plan to request any thing from the reception, since you will have to wait till other customers served.

Room Tip: Make 10 min buffer if you want to ask for taxi or request any thing from the reception, because most...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!