“Neighbour to the Rijksmuseum” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Best Western Rewards Rate
Ranked #203 of 350 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Neighbour to the Rijksmuseum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Clean, good value functional hotel next door to the superb Rijksmuseum. Room was small but right for the price. Location is outside the centre of the Amsterdam but close to the museums and the Vondelpark - we actually decided it was better than more central locations as there was plenty to see and do and the rest of the city was easily accessible by hire bikes (which I recommend doing).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for leaving us a review on tripadvisor, your feedback is very important to us. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam and in our Hotel. The location of the hotel is indeed very practical and close to all the museums, specially the Rijksmuseum. Thank you once again and hopefully we can meet you again in the future.

Sjoerd Verkooijen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We arrived on Saturday night for the Amsterdam Marathon, I said to my husband I can't find my phone while checking in. As its an iPhone, they let me use the computer to track it, for 3 days looked for the taxi company, downloaded the CCTV at the front of the hotel. We found the driver, the hotel arranged to get the phone after I had flown home, then sent the phone on to me in England. Room was gorgeous, beds comfy, breakfast superb, really good coffee and the good news ran a pb in the Marathon and came 3rd for an older lady. Great location, wonderful staff, if your not staying here your missing out on Amsterdam's best kept secret (I've stayed a lot in Amsterdam) I'll be here again just to say a massive thanks in person. They always say its when things go wrong you know who your friends are, so if you want a great hotel, great location and know you will be safe and looked after stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed at the front, standard room, comfy bed, lovely bathroom great location
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor. I am delighted that you have your Iphone back and that we have been able to help you in this case. I understand it was a hectic start of your stay in our hotel and the situation with your Iphone was not ideal.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that you have been able to make the most of your time. I will share your feedback with all the team members and I am looking forward to meet you back again in the future.

Leknes, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in october. The hotel is close to everything, and you can reach everything thats worth doing just by walking.

At first we got a room with a bit of a smell, but it was no problem switching to a new room. The room was fine, no luxuries, but newly redone. No view, but we were onle there to sleep and change clothes.

The breakfast was very plain, and we had much better value walking 5 minutes to one of the many breakfast/lunchrooms nearby.

all in all a very pleasant stay, perfect for our needs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thank for leaving us a review on trip advisor. I am glad you have been able to explore Amsterdam by foot, it`s together with the canal boats the best way to get to know Amsterdam.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay as well in our hotel, especially after you have swapped rooms.
Hopefully we are able to meet you again in the future. Many thanks.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I stayed there three days.
The hotel of budget kind hotel.
Pros:
Breakfast was ok.
Location is great and close to many cafés and restaurants and attraction points.
Team are friendly and helpful.

Cons:
Rooms (single bed) are quite small, you won't like to spend long time in the room.
Reception counter accommodate two customers at a time, so always plan 10-15 min buffer if you plan to request any thing from the reception, since you will have to wait till other customers served.

Room Tip: Make 10 min buffer if you want to ask for taxi or request any thing from the reception, because most...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

It is hard for me to even give this terrible hotel one star, the star is only because some of the staff were reasonably friendly though not very efficient.
It took 5 requests and two days to receive a baggage stand for my suitcase. The room 608 is tiny, hardly space to move around the bed and just about enough space to pull out a chair to sit at the desk squashed against a wall.
The room faced the noisy canal street and builders by our window were very disturbing. We were refused our request change the room.
The toilet/ shower so small that when you sit on the toilet your knees are firmly pressed against the door.
This hotel at about 400 euros per night excluding breakfast is best flushed down the toilet.
Do not stay here! ! !

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel is my best tip. Our room was terribly small was on the canal street and very...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel is very convenient for the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Gallery. A good variety of restaurants are a short walk away. The rooms are fairly small and a bit soulless but in Amsterdam you probably don't want to spend very much time in the room. Our bathroom looked newly refurbished and was very clean.
The breakfast was very good, especially the fresh bread and pastries.
The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful.
All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor. Your feedback is much appreciated and I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I will share your feedback with all the members of the team and hopefully we are able to meet you back again in the future.

Kind regards,
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had booked my stay with this hotel because I had stayed there before.
I also booked this hotel months in advance of my trip. After travelling from the Southern hemisphere we arrived to find out we had no room and that our delux stadard had been booked out to someone else.
I was furious and could not understand how this can happen. They took us to another hotel way out of the cdenter of the museums and wanted us to stay there. I refused and demanded my room the next day.
This is appalling service and these things should not happen we booked with them beccause it was central to all the places we wanted to visit.
Not good enough and unacceptable behaviour I am surprised Hotels.Com are associated with this type of behaviour

Room Tip: Be firm and dont be phobbed off rooms are not very sound proof and people are niosy above and below...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review on trip advisor. I am very disappointed to read that your stay didn’t meet your expectations. Unfortunately on your arrival day we experienced some issues in our system due to those issues we were not able to provide you a room in our hotel. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. I do hope you enjoyed your stay in the upgraded hotel. I understand that you are frustrated and I hope you can understand that this was an incident, we are always aiming to provide the best service possible. Please feel free to contact me anytime to further discuss your experience. Only by receiving your honest feedback we can improve our service.

I do hope you have enjoyed your time in Amsterdam and you have been able to make the most of your trip. Hopefully we can meet you again in the future and I personally make sure that we meet your expectations.

Kind regards,
Sjoerd Verkooijen

Been to Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel? Share your experiences!