You added BEST WESTERN Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P.C. Hooftstraat 2, 1071BX Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier))   |
Ranked #227 of 357 Hotels in Amsterdam
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I found this hotel to be in the perfect location as I don't mind walking and enjoyed being in the heart of the museum quarter. A 2 minute walk around the corner gets you to the main museums including the Rijksmuseum, Stedelijk museum and Van Gogh museum. This part of the city is beautiful and very peaceful to walk through with plenty of visitors walking and cycling around. The atmosphere made for a very pleasant stay. Furthermore, the nearest tram stop is around the back of the Rijkmuseum so it is only a 12 minute journey to Amsterdam Centraal station from there.

The hotel itself is very clean and looks quite modern. Staff are friendly and helpful. I found the bed in my room to be a little soft but that might be personal preference. The bathroom and toilet were comfortable with plenty of room to move and had underfloor heating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Stephen S
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Mr Stephen,

I am very delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay in the Best Western Apollo Museum Hotel. The location of the hotel is great and by the sound of it you made the most of it while you were staying in our hotel. Thank you very much for your friendly feedback. Hopefully we can meet you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Nice quiet part of the city but still within walking disatnce of bars and restaurants. everything was very clean, nicely decorated the room was a little small but no big deal! The shower was really nice-powerful and clean. Staff very friendly. Downside was a pint of beer is 6E but that seemes to be the going rate in amsterdam.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sestevenswine
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and that we could be a part of it. Thank you very much for your nice comment about our staff I will make sure they receive this compliment.
Once again thank you and hope to welcome you again in the future.
With kind regards,

Front Office Manager
Best Western Apollo Museum hotel City Centre
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights at a pretty reasonable rate found on the net at the last minute. Room was on the small side but fine for me and my wife and our one suitcase. Air-con was handy and helped us sleep. Free WiFi was available and useful. Bathroom a little odd with a frosted glass door to the bedroom but it was kept spotless as was the room itself every day. There were no tea making facilities at first but a tray was supplied when we asked. Breakfast was the usual continental buffet and was quite reasonably priced when we pre-booked it. Staff were very helpful and had excellent English. Hotel just 5 mins walk from Rijksmuseum and within an easy walk of Van Gogh Museum etc and of Leidseplein where there were many small restaurants. We were about 2 mins from the Hobbemastraat stop on lines 2/5 so it was easy to get about. Excellent experience.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the side street so was relatively quiet
Dear Mr Jim,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip advisor. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I will pass on your comments to the housekeeping team and the Front Office team. Thanks again for your time and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards,
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had a room booked for seven days. The first room was the smallest room I've ever seen. Ultimately I was moved twice to a bigger room but it was in the basement. It's sort of half underground. The housekeeping was deplorable. I brought a cup of tea to my room and the empty cup sat there for three days. When I came back to my room on the third day there was also a bag of garbage sitting on the ironing board so I took both the garbage and the cup to reception. The beds in this room were old box springs that were the worst I've ever slept on. The glass bathroom doors leave absolutely no privacy. There is a public washroom down the hall but those glass doors are not clear so you can't see in or out. I can't imagine why the bathroom doors in the rooms are not also the same. The pictures that I saw on line are nothing like what I saw. There are a number of steep steps going up to reception so hauling suitcases up is challenging as there is no one there to help you. The location is perfect but that's the only good thing about this hotel. Lots of better choices available.

• 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights last week, wish it had been longer. Staff at reception were very friendly and helpful, had the best 2 nights sleep i've had in years!! Room was very clean and spacious. I had a view of the courtyard at the back, was only in room to sleep though so view didn't bother me!!

Breakfast was included, was continental.. breads, meats, cheeses etc etc, was all very fresh and tasty and there was loads of it!

Hotel location was brilliant, street round corner was all designer shops (we went when it was closed to save a fortune) tram stop is right round corner, Boat tours on canal across the street, hop on hop off bus just 2 min walk away. Hard Rock hotel and big busy square within 5 mins walk too.

Would definatley stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone staying in Amsterdam

2 Thank Claire D
Dear Mrs Claire,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to leave a review of your stay on Trip advisor. I am delighted to read what a fantastic experience you have had in our hotel. The hotel is very central located as you mentioned above and I am glad you have been able to experience the best of Amsterdam so far. Thanks again for your feedback and I will share the feedback with the entire team.

I am looking forward to meet you again in the future.

Kinds Regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel was cheap, and there are many reasons why. The first room we got was absolutely tiny. Not big enough for a couple and there was no floor space to put 2 suitcases. The bathroom had a glass door, which is a ridiculous idea, and that meant that there was no privacy and the light would illuminate the whole room at night. Also it was on the ground floor so it was noisy. We asked for an upgrade, and thankfully the staff were nice and gave us the best room in the hotel (apparently). It was better in that there was a lot more space. But it had the same stupid bathroom door and the furniture was old and dated. Furthermore the lift didn't go up to that floor and the bed was right below a window, so we would be woken up as soon as the sun came up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
sjoerdverkooijen, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We are always trying to improve our products.

Altough I realize rooms in Amsterdam can be a bit small I sincerely hope you enjoyed your overal stay with us and in Amterdam. My apologies that you did not liked the ‘’glass’’ door. Fortunately it is not possible to see though it.

Kind regards,