“Do not stay !!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #266 of 305 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Springwood, Australia
“Do not stay !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We 'checked in', and got taken to our room.
The room was just filthy. Unwashed sheets, condom wrappers in our room, unswept floor, hairs everywhere... There was a twig and rubber band in my friends bed, so I checked mine to see if it was ok. There was a huge shard of glass (about 3cm by 1cm) in my bed!!!!!
There was a secret trapdoor thing in our room which we found by accident, which lead to a room with no lighting and possibly a toilet and shower inside. But was so small so the door doesn't even open...
We were so sickened by the state of the place. It was NOTHING like what we had seen on their website. I was so angry and disgusted, that I decided to question the guy that worked there. I got the images of their website on my phone, and I pointed to him asking where these rooms were as that's what we paid for. To stay THERE, in the nice rooms they showed. I also showed the kitchen photos, and I asked where that was. He didn't answer, but instead yelled at me and said "THAT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!!" (talking about the "kitchen" upstairs- which was actually a cupboard with no utensils and the dirtiest things you've ever seen). We were so angry, we decided to look for another hotel. After we booked elsewhere, we wanted our money back for the remaining nights we had already paid for. He told us we cant get our money back. At that time, we didn't care. We were just worried for our health and safety, that we left without our money. To avoid these episodes that can dampen your memories of Amsterdam, just DO NOT STAY THERE!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here no matter what..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

It was the worst hotel I've ever seen in my life !

Disgusting, everything is horrible : the receptionist is rude, you have to pay only in cash (strange huh ?). The room... how can we say it's a room ?!

No sheets, bugs on the walls, a mini fridge empty and dirty.
And the bathroom, incredible ! Very tiny, wet and dirty with a lot of sponge on the door. No toilet paper...

I think it's illegal to rent this kind of service.

NEVER NEVER NEVER GO THERE !

Room Tip: Don't go there, it's the worst place to enjoy your trip.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tongeren, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Ok so, you get what you pay for people. When I was here last year, that was 100 euros for 3 nights for a room with 2 large beds. Try finding that in the center, I dare you.
Moses wasn't rude at all to me. My guess is people get scared when they see the somewhat dilapidated door/bell and staircase. Not necessary at all. Not the cleanest joint in area but again, you get what you pay for! This is my standard place to stay when I visit Amsterdam.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We chose this hostel because of the reasonable price but it was a biiiig mistake and this place was literally a nightmare.
The whole place stunk from some paint or thinner. The room was not clean at all and the bed linen was really dirty. And the best part is that my girlfriend got a rash from the bed.
The smell was so terrible that we had to ask the stuff to change the room but he said he didnt have any available, he wasnt helpful at all and suggested us to open the windows (in the middle of the winter). Finally, we decided to leave the hostel at 2 AM but there was no wifi so we could not even find some other place and it took as 2 more hours to find one.

All in all, the place is absolutely terrible, the stuff is not helpful at all. The only good thing about this hostel was the fact that we left it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
liverpool england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My Teenage son and his 2 friends have once again stayed here, they were once again met by the key holder Moses, who he described as sound ,, they had no trouble or problems at all, they got what they paid for and if they return will almost certainly stay here, the location is very good ,, I might add that if my teenage sons like it, then I will certainly not

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
playa del iglous
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Dont really know where to start on this hotel, aarrived at the hotel with a group of friends to celebrate my 21st birthday excited about the weekend head to be very dissapointed when we got there. The man at the desk was emtremly rude, when i seen the state of the hotel i was really dispointed when i asked for my money back the man just laughed at me. we had no choice but to stay there.. i am not one for complaining about hotels because never in them and try to spend my time out doors and making the most of the holiday but just wanted to warn others. . the place was reallly unclen, sheets were stained, place was infested in bugs, a couple stayng up above us refused to say agin after the firsy night and were told they couldnt get their money back, my friend also came home with a terrible rash all over from what we think was the place been so dirty and been bitten non stop... can do soooo much better for money. will never stay here again.. only good thing was the location

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Leeds
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here as we missed a connecting flight and no other rooms were available. The room was tiny, literally just enough space for three single beds. The "ensuite" was also tiny, just a shower and a toilet.

The room was dirty with rubbish left under the bed. The window didn't close and led onto a balcony meaning it was unsecure.

Worst of all the room had a bed bug infestation, I ended up with multiple bites. Upon searching under the bed the shell of the bugs were found.

The staff member we saw was helpful and polite. But the room was expensive for what it was at 33 euros per person.

Overall only stay here if it is a last resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Amsterdam Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!