“The worst hostel we have ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars

Amsterdam Inn Bed & Breakfast
Haarlemmerstraat 79B, 1013 EL Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #270 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Prague, Czech Republic
“The worst hostel we have ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We chose this hostel because of the reasonable price but it was a biiiig mistake and this place was literally a nightmare.
The whole place stunk from some paint or thinner. The room was not clean at all and the bed linen was really dirty. And the best part is that my girlfriend got a rash from the bed.
The smell was so terrible that we had to ask the stuff to change the room but he said he didnt have any available, he wasnt helpful at all and suggested us to open the windows (in the middle of the winter). Finally, we decided to leave the hostel at 2 AM but there was no wifi so we could not even find some other place and it took as 2 more hours to find one.

All in all, the place is absolutely terrible, the stuff is not helpful at all. The only good thing about this hostel was the fact that we left it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
liverpool england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My Teenage son and his 2 friends have once again stayed here, they were once again met by the key holder Moses, who he described as sound ,, they had no trouble or problems at all, they got what they paid for and if they return will almost certainly stay here, the location is very good ,, I might add that if my teenage sons like it, then I will certainly not

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
playa del iglous
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Dont really know where to start on this hotel, aarrived at the hotel with a group of friends to celebrate my 21st birthday excited about the weekend head to be very dissapointed when we got there. The man at the desk was emtremly rude, when i seen the state of the hotel i was really dispointed when i asked for my money back the man just laughed at me. we had no choice but to stay there.. i am not one for complaining about hotels because never in them and try to spend my time out doors and making the most of the holiday but just wanted to warn others. . the place was reallly unclen, sheets were stained, place was infested in bugs, a couple stayng up above us refused to say agin after the firsy night and were told they couldnt get their money back, my friend also came home with a terrible rash all over from what we think was the place been so dirty and been bitten non stop... can do soooo much better for money. will never stay here again.. only good thing was the location

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Leeds
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here as we missed a connecting flight and no other rooms were available. The room was tiny, literally just enough space for three single beds. The "ensuite" was also tiny, just a shower and a toilet.

The room was dirty with rubbish left under the bed. The window didn't close and led onto a balcony meaning it was unsecure.

Worst of all the room had a bed bug infestation, I ended up with multiple bites. Upon searching under the bed the shell of the bugs were found.

The staff member we saw was helpful and polite. But the room was expensive for what it was at 33 euros per person.

Overall only stay here if it is a last resort.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Qrendi, Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

After reading all the negative reviews I feared the worst. If you don't expect anything then you would not be disappointed. We had a triple room which was very basic: three beds and a bathroom. The room is cramped and the bathroom didnt have a sink: just a shower and a toilet. If you stay for a short while this will not bother you. Since I went for three days I barely spent time in the room except to sleep and shower in it so nothing really bothered me. If you expect the best go for the high class hotels but these are way too expensive. I got a very good deal on queens day and since other hostels in Amsterdam are practically the same I was reasonably satisfied. The receptionist was very laidback like every other receptionist in Amsterdam and was kind enough to give us clean linen after two days since policy stated that they change it every three. The location was perfect, just across the street there was a smokers restaurant which I highly recommend called Barneys Uptown. A short and enjoyable walk would easily get you to the Damrak so you can say it is very central. If you are not such a moaner and the price is good I say go for it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
liverpool england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

my teenage son and his 7 friends stayed here, although it is basic, in his own words it was "SWEET", Location was very good and they had a great time, the guy who meets you on arrival was as he said "SOUND", they had no problems what so ever, probably not the place for my wife and myself, but it was well priced and in a safe area, my thanks to the staff

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Clare, South Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We booked a triple room via hotel club. After paying 170 euro in cash to the "receptionist" upon arrival we saw the room and demanded a refund. We couldnt even get a receipt for the money we paid. This accommodation is dirty, creepy and nothing like the photos on the website. The rooms are tiny, the ensuites are tinier and the toilet is practically in the shower cubicle with no handbasin. The sheets were dirty, had stains, holes in them, dirty marks. The staff extremely unhelpful. We left straight away and checked into a better hotel that was clean and safe.
We later found out this was listed on hostel world for 20 euro per night for a triple room. I am disgusted that Hotel Club listed such low standard accommodation on their website. Not happy at all
I would not recommend this to anyone, it is horrible. I will write a review on hotel club later once they have had a chance to process my refund, and let you know if its worth dealing with this website.

Room Tip: The best tip I have is do not stay here