“Queens Night Holidays” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nemo Apartments

Save Saved
You added Nemo Apartments to your Saves list
Nemo Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   PrinsHendrikkade 133, 1011AR Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)   |
Ranked #64 of 173 Specialty lodging in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Queens Night Holidays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Been staying in these apartments for last 4 seasons in the row and just because of the simple reason - Landlords. Not only that they helped me more than they are suppose to but they did extra mile in anything they were required! I am so upset since I saw the last comment from Joanna Ticino, that I personally could say that if I were there I would have payed for them double just to check you out of there....What kind of problems you must have to state something like this in here?! You are definitely problematic single traveller who has lack of common sense in life. You get what you paying for. if you have panic attacks on people who you do not know and expect them to treat you well just because you pay them for service of the apartments not for baby sitting you - you have to reconsider yourself my dear. It has been a big pleasure to come there every year and to be welcome as friend! p.s. Sorry for my opinion but just standing up for somebody who is totally different in reality!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Verscio, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

A severe warning for this absolute overpriced accomodation. There are a lot of hotels in the city where you pay less and get so much more. I paid 130 EUR as a single person per night without breakfast and had the badest service I ever had in my life...
The room is not very clean - very old and dirty looking bedclothes and towels (those we would chuck out), and in the kitchen you find all the rests the others left - including rotted tomatoes... The room is poorly soundproofed, every step on the room above you lets you spring in your bed (very nice at 3am when the party people are returning) and the use of the others WCs lets you believe the Niagra Falls are in your room.
But the worst thing are the landlords. They only care about the money they get and not about their guests. Every question you have they react very bugged and absolutely not professional. The house has a lot of very steep, almost vertical, stairs - more ladders than stairs actually. When I arrived I told the landlord I am not able to carry the suitcase six of those ladders because of my health state (which is quite severe). He said, no problem, he will help me and we arranged a time for the check out. I told him that it is important since I had to get my train. Guess what - nobody came.. When I ringed the door bell of the appartement of the landlords, they did not even talk to me in person - they just answered through the intercom. The landlady said that she is not interested how I can get the suitcase downstairs, she doesn't care. (sure - because I paid in advance and that is all they care of...). So since I could not carry I had to get on my backside, letting slide the suitcase step by step next to me. And that all of the six ladders... It was not only very dangerous and exhausting - it was so mortifying... When I made afterwards an official complaint they wrote they informed me before that they had those ladders (which is a lie, they did not and they had to admit that) and that they are not a hotel with professional luggage service. Well - I did not expect a professional luggage service - merely a normal human kindness and helpfullness. For 130 EUR for a single room - is this really too much? And the landlord promised me to do it - if he'd told me he won't, I would have changed the hotel. But first saying "no problem" and then not even talking to me in person, just letting me - a not anymore young woman who travelled alone - know through the intercom, how rude is that... I never ever experienced that in my life before. And I travel a lot. Nothing to do with being a hotel or not - just to do with good education. Than they even lied again about that the man was in hospital for a check-up - he was not. It was sunday morning, there are no check-ups on sunday mornings... And even if - he could have told me instead of promising me to help and then letting me down. Telling me over the intercom they don't care how I manage tells everything. Very pathetic people. Don't book there, you can spend your money in Amsterdam at much nicer places.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

If you are not a friend of group hostels nemo apartments might be the right choice for you. The owner was very kind and helpful, the apartment itself clean and located pretty central. We had a two floor apartment, kitchen, bathroom, tv on one floor. Beds on the top floor. We paid 35 per night + city taxes. Smoking was allowed. The few rules were easy to handle.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Matlock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Having stayed in a variety of places in amsterdam this has to be best all rounder,we had a fairly compact apartment just around the corner from the actual Nemo's main place, it has everything you need in a great location 5 mins walk to the RLD area. The landlady was nice and helpful, the place was clean and tidy with a selection of funny DVD's, good selection of kitchen things and allowed to smoke in the apartment. Have tried to book in for Queens Day but its fully booked, always a good sign though annoyed i missed out! Like everywhere in Amsterdam the stairs are steep and the rooms are small but it all adds to the charm of the place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed in the Navy room for three nights and were really happy with the apartment. The stairs are steep, as people have said, but it's an old building so what do you expect. It's worth the climb to get to the nice apartment at the top. The owner was great, really friendly and gave us lots of suggestions about places to go, eat or avoid. It's a perfect location and a great base to explore Amsterdam from. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook a simple meal on the evenings that we didn't want to eat out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Kate the landlady was brilliant very friendly helpful too
We stayed two nights only but nice and clean apartment. Location was good only 10-15 minutes walking distance from the flat the town centre quite at night time which was really good. Next time in Amsterdam defanatly will be staying at Kate's if we can. Thank you Kate for your warm welcoming and help etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Nemo Apartments? Share your experiences!