“Decent!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Funky Chicken

Save Saved
You added Funky Chicken to your Saves list
Funky Chicken
2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Spuistraat 90, Amsterdam 1012TZ, The Netherlands (Dam Square)   |
Ranked #33 of 171 Specialty lodging in Amsterdam
Amsterdam
“Decent!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Decent Accomidation,... Decent price... Decent location!!!

Great stay, lovely service from sophia! Was a really good bargain!!

Thanks

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We booked the apartment on the strength of other reviews and were not dissapointed. On arrival we were greeted by Sonia, who was friendly, helpful and the "gift" : ) was welcomed after a few hours travelling.
The apartment is reasonably well equipped, most mod cons, not the most luxurious of places but comfortable.
Location wise, pretty good. 5 mins to dam square, a couple of local coffee shops, and a couple of small shops for your basics ( milk,bread, beer ect)
All in all, we liked the place, good value if there are 4 of you as decent accomadation in Amsterdam at reasonable prices can be hard to come by.

Bergen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The apartment was really nice, modern, comfortable and practical. Perfect location in the heart of Amsterdam. Sonia provides good service, information and tips if it is anything you want to know. We had a very nice week and i recommend Funky Chickin for everyone.

Scotland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We booked this place based on the good reviews via trip advisor, on arrival we met Sonia who was lovely, polite and very helpful. The apartment was not what we expected it definetly needed a good clean and a lick of paint would not of gone a miss. We paid approx £750 for 5 nights in this place and we did not get value for money. We did not expect the ritz, however did expect somewhere fresh and clean. We were told the toilet had been leaking but were unprepared for the smell and after one night and my other half being sick from the smell we were unable to put up with the smell any longer and the shower cubicle was dark and unclean and not a shower we would of felt revitalised from. There was no internet available as stated. My other half spoke to Eric (The boss) and he said he would "upgrade" us to another apartment they had which we believe to be called "Amsterdam Cribs". The place granted was larger but that was about it. I could of fed an army with the food stuffed inbetween the 3 sofas and I knew for sure I would not be using the kitchen to cook in. We deceided to make do and get out and about, however on reflection and seeing what else we can get for our money we will not use these apartments again. As much as Sonia was very apologetic for the issues we had we were very much dissapointed with the standard of these aparmtments. The plus side for the apartments are that they are in a great location for being right in the city centre.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
chillinAmsterdam, Owner at Funky Chicken, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
The reason that we were late checking you in is because we had our cleaning crew in there to do the monthly deep clean. I know my cleaner very well and can say without a doubt that the apartment was very clean for your check in.

I just had the apartments painted less than a year ago. I cannot control how my guests treat the apartments and I cannot repaint them every 6 months. I do everything I can to keep the apartments as nice as they can be.

I spoke with you on the phone and I never told you the toilet was leaking, I had said that we had a plumbing issue before but it was repaired and that I was shocked it happened again. I also said that I would have someone come out to take care of it and that I would call you back with some options. Sonia made it clear upon your check in that if there was something not right or if you needed anything, you could contact her. I am unsure why you would suffer and get sick when all you had to do was say something the day of your check in and I would have had the plumber come out that same day to resolve the issue. Again, the shower was clean and we use bleach to clean our surfaces. The paint is light grey - this is paint not dirt and it is very obvious because show our pictures on the booking sites.

We had internet, the router just needed to be restarted and Sonia even came up to your apartment with her laptop to check the internet connection and it worked with her laptop.

I am the owner of Funky Chickin, Eric is not "the boss" he is an affiliate of mine who honored my rate and allowed for your booking to be moved to his apartment. You did not stay at Amsterdam Cribs - you stayed with their affiliate (we do use many of the same affiliates). If you found that apartment so dirty, then you could have mentioned it as well and not stayed there for the remaining 4 nights. We would have been very happy to refund your money since you were so very disappointed with everything.

Funky Chicken has a website with pictures of the apartments and a Q&A section that covers lots of common questions and answers to help people know what kind of accommodations they are booking. I suggest that everyone read it through before booking.

Been to Funky Chicken? Share your experiences!